Retiring from Minis for a While

woodland_miniatures

Folks, I have completely had it, with minis, custom orders, trying to run a decent Etsy shop, fighting Medicare and Medicaid, and I am going to close down my Etsy store and take a vacation and deal first and foremost with my real life. I've posted a coupon code (CLOSINGSHOP1) that will get anyone 50% off of anything, including the already discounted sale items, and I hope some folks here will use it.

What kicked me over today was that I went to get my mail at the post office, and the roof fell in on me, so to speak. There was a notice from the Scooter Store (where my beautiful power chair came from) that I owed them for rental fees that have been adding up since last October, and will continue to add up through at least this July, fees that Medicaid was supposed to be paying - and promised they would to the Scooter Store! - and have NOT been paying. Also was a communique from DSHS telling me that the following medical expenses were denied coverage by Medicaid because I didn't qualify for that help. So I called the Scooter Store to find out what's going on, and am now waiting for a call back from the billing/collections department, and basically they will see if they can hold Medicaid's feet to the fire and hold them to their word (given in writing for Pete's sake) that they would pay and I would not be charged anything for the chair. If Medicaid refuses - and given my history with Medicaid and DSHS in general I'm betting they'll refuse, then either I'll have to pay (and I've no hope of getting the $$$) or let the Scooter Store take my chair back. AAARRRGGHHH!!!!!

Meanwhile I've been trying to do a custom order, thought I had it nailed though the pattern is a really hard one (and coming from me, that tells you it is HARD LOL), and just found out it's apparently a total wash. Well, I just don't have the heart to try again, and will do what's necessary for the person who ordered it, and bow out with dignity on both our parts.

But I really am through for now, what with all this, and my wonderful apartment building being driven right into the ground by the new owners and all of us afraid of eviction daily, and I have just HAD IT.

I need to be quiet, calm, read happy things, listen to good classical music instead of world news (now there's a downer!), get outdoors while the weather's good, tend to my little garden before they tell me I can't have it anymore, visit my neighbors (who are every bit as upset and frightened as I am), do some full-sized knitting and crocheting just to feel GOOD about something, and try to get my &$^^#* feet to heal so that I CAN tell them all to shove it about the wheelchair! And WALK again, please GOD.

It's been a pleasure, folks, and I'll be back when I'm a little more sane. Meanwhile, USE that coupon code - hey, why not? The stuff is just going to sit there otherwise.

Mary, so sorry to hear of all your troubles. I'm just starting down the trail of Medicaid and associates with my mother - I thought Medicare was covering her oxygen tanks and it wasn't. So NOT fun. I can understand the stress of trying to do custom orders - I think that would take some of the fun out of the hobby. I do hope and pray you are doing better soon. Wish I was closer - I'd come over for a mini-tea party :)

Aw-w-w Mary, I hope you are back soon - real soon.

Take some time for yourself and drink in the healing that you need and come back soon.

I do understand though. I've gone through a dry spell myself and also been dealing with some serious medical issues and insurance nightmares. It is NO fun what-so-ever !!!!

It saps the strength and joy right out of you pretty darned fast.

Just remember that we are here and love you and your work dearly.

Pretty soon we'll all be ready for our accessories and need your "pretties".

Oh, what a heap of problems all at once. I wish I were nearby--I'm really a bulldog with Medicare after dealing with both my parents' issues. Hang in there, don't give up. You are in my thoughts.

Mary, I'm sorry to learn of all of your problems and all at once too! I hope that taking a break will help you resolve things and then you will soon feel like rejoining the mini world. You'll be missed and I wish you all the best!

Even tho' I don't think we've 'met',good thoughts and prayers are coming your way,Mary.Just do as you say:put yourself in a Calm,Quiet, Happy place so you can regroup and build your strength.You so much Don't sound like a quitter,and I know you will bounce back and be back to where You want to be!Think often of all these nice mini people,who obviously care about you and want you to be well and happy! :hug:

Mary, I am so sorry to hear that things are so tough for you! Navigating through SS and Medicare is such a nightmare, and seems to be getting worse. I am sad that you are a victim of this. I hope that you get all of the stressors in your life straightened out and find the calm that you need. Sending love.

SO sorry to hear of your troubles, Mary. I feel your pain. Go to your calm and happy place with all of our good wishes! We will be here for you, if you need us, and we will be here waiting for you when you return.

Sending you prayer for continued strength - - - - :hug: {Hugs}

I understand completely your need to focus on the things that can keep you calm and happy. Sincerely wish that you will find the way forward to be easier and happier. Best wishes.

Feel better Mary. I know what it's like when it feels like the roof of life just dropped on your head. Sometimes it sounds like you and I are on the same cycle... which at the moment feels like the "hung out to dry" cycle. Take care of yourself.

Mary, I am so sad to hear about your troubles. I had to deal with Medicare when Dad got sick and it was a nightmare. Hundreds of pages of mostly useless information that nobody can understand! I think they hope you will get frustrated and give up (kind of like the VA). Hang tough, take care of yourself, and try not to stress too much. You will be in my prayers, and the mini world will be there for you when you are ready to come back. I hope you are doing much better, very soon.

Mary,

I'm so sorry to hear about all the trouble that's hitting you now. I can't really think of anything to add that hasn't been said by everyone here already. Focus on getting what you need and get back soon. Minis is one of the few things that keep me sane.

Bless all your dear sweet hearts for all your well-wishing and kind thoughts - they truly did make a difference to me. Still a little rocky around the edges, but am feeling MUCH better now, almost sane again and nearly fit to be around civilized folk again. :)

Been knitting baby things, doll clothes (American Girl and Barbie), a couple of hats, and experimented with a new use for my mini doilies - earrings. My stash of unused yarn bits and pieces is considerably reduced, and my next project is going to be another thorough housecleaning. Now, that's not exactly my idea of fun, but it sure does help my morale when everything sparkles LOL!

BIG hugs to you all!

Big,Hugs to you!

You will be missed but you have to take care of you.

How long is your shop staying open? I want to shop but will be paid mid month.