New to the site from Stouffville, Ontario, Canada

Zoey

Hi, everyone, I've come back to the hobby I've loved for so many years. Just recently retired and bought a 30 year old Beaconhill house off Kijjiji. It is fully assembled but in not very well, needs lots of work especially painting inside and out. I'm having a terrible time painting as I'm getting trim paint on walls and wall paint on trim and back and forth. I have to think of it as one step at a time as I'm finding this task very daunting to say the least. Any help from the more seasoned, would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there, glad you found us. As a fellow Beacon Hill~er, welcome aboard :wave: I try to tape things off...say if your painting walls, run a piece of masking tape along the trim...basically just like you would if you were painting a real house. Rehabs are very difficult, you'll get lots of moral support here, most of us have brought home our share of "rescues" ;-)

Silvia~ I bought a Beacon Hill off Craigslist. The shell is built, not too well, and I found the needed missing pieces on ebay. I'm having a blast. Find the topic about 'Beacon Hill builders next generation, or something like that, on here (it should always be on the first page of 'new content' if it's not on the main page) and join in. It's a sub group devoted to our Beacon Hills. Also, once you have 5 posts you can start an album and anytime you can add photos into a post. We all LOVE pictures and can help alot when we can see what you mean.

Welcome to the forum. I love it here and hope you will too.

Morgan

Just as Karin suggested, tape off the area with painters tape ( I really like frog tape brand, cause it works ). Keep a wet cloth nearby to quick wipe off any mistakes you've made while the paint is still wet too. You'll have a messy rag and bucket, but it's much easier to cleanup than the house :)

:welcome:

Congratulations on your recent retirement!

I have trouble painting inside rooms too. I have to use something to rest my wrist to keep a steady hand.

The forum is an invaluable resource. I don't think I would have stayed with this hobby with out it.

Welcome to the forum!

Please share pictures soon!

Welcoome to the little family, Silvia. I guess it's too late, but one of the things I love about rehabbing an older house built from a Greenleaf kit is that the builder usually follwed the instruction sheet and used hot glue, so I use DH's heat gun to take the house entirely apart, scrape off all the gunky hot glue and rebuild it using carpenter's wood glue; If the window and door trim gets destroyed I can replace it with 1/4" stripwood and my EZ Cutter, and either order replacement plastic inserts from Greenleaf or use clear plastic packaging to make replacements. I makes staining/ priming & painting/ papering SO much easier!