CSI Crime Scene in Miniature

heidiiiii

Did anyone else watch CSI last night? Part 1 of the new season. Toward the end there was a murder scene and on the table was an exact replica of the room in mini! I almost choked on my popcorn! Right down to the day`s newspaper on the counter next to the body.

They show part 2 next thursday....

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a beautiful recreation of the murder scene. I had to laugh when he lifted the roof of of the miniature and noted the miniature pot rack hanging from the roof and looked up and compared it to the real one hanging from the ceiling. His expression was priceless.

How do you think this depiction of our hobby will affect non miniaturists? Do you think it will make them want a dollhouse or have any interest in minis or do you think it will cast a dark light on minis (Because of the murder scene)?

Just wondering what your opinions are here :)

that scene while it was portraying something gruesome was also very detailed and showing how much realism that can be gotten in the miniature form can only widen the interest in ou\r hobby!

that was a way kewl scene!

nutti :)

How do you think this depiction of our hobby will affect non miniaturists? Do you think it will make them want a dollhouse or have any interest in minis or do you think it will cast a dark light on minis (Because of the murder scene)?

Just wondering what your opinions are here :)

I don't think it will matter much one way or the other. Folks who are interested in minis will admire the detail ... folks who aren't will think it's an interesting twist but not much more than that.

What I'm wondering about is the character who made the roombox ... and why. It might be more a question of casting a dark light on miniaturists rather than the minis! :mellow:

I saw it, too. The roombox reminded me of the Nutshell Studies of Unexplained Death, one of my favorite books because it combines tow of my obsessions--murder and minis!!!

Jeri

My first thought to

It's a really good book. Has also a lot of details.

http://www.amazon.com/Nutshell-Studies-Une...h/dp/1580931456

Oooo! what if they find he has like a whole miniature house full of murders? Kinda like CLUE!

I think the same thing..All miniaturist will be going Ohh! Ahh! and others wont bat an eyelash.

Like did anybody note to themselves about the miniatures in those Pork commercials? The one where the pork chop is in love with the peach? The House of miniatures chair, mini fireplace, etc etc? LOL I am obsessed.

Just wondering what your opinions are here :lol:

I for one think that scenes like this might wash a way the "cute" stamp that dollhouses and miniature scenes are sort of branded with?!?

Hugs

Did anyone else catch it? I don't know if the schedule is the same in the States, but in Canada they showed Part One of a story where a mini "roombox" mirrors the scene of a murder. (Corpse slumped in chair, face down on the table, breakfast in a frying pan next to the victim.) I love CSI, and I was tickled pink to see miniatures included in the show. (Can't wait for Part Two!) :rolleyes:

Sorry about starting a duplicate topic - I guess I didn't check thoroughly enough beforehand.

As to the question of whether it casts a dark shadow on "our" miniature world, well, let's not forget that the people who watch CSI (moi included) already get a kick out of the dark side! I expect a lot of them are detail oriented, into the unusual, and appreciate a new look at an old reality. Doesn't that sound like a recipe for a miniaturist? We may draw a whole new group of people into our Little hobby/passion/obsession. :rolleyes:

I saw that episode, and was wondering if I'd hear a buzz about it amongst the mini-community. Here we go!

I like how in the episode, each camera shot they took of the crime scene, it's miniature equivalent was shown... eggs and bacon in a pan, paper on the table, etc.

I like how the detective was wondering which came first... the scene or the murder. It was pretty cool.

It'd be sort of funny if the murderer was a serial miniaturist murderer--and did that a bunch of times with a new mini-scene each time he kills, until the CSI team find him.

Part two is on tonight. I missed part one but I 'm not missing part two!

Well guess who is (im-)patiently awaiting that season to start over here????? I am not sure which season it is that started just a some three weeks ago but with my luck in these matters I bet it last year's season... :p

Oh well, do tell about it later on pretty please?!?

Hugs

Five more minutes till the show starts here! Gott go get my work out clothes on so I can treadmill while I watch the show!!! I can't wait to see every one's chats about it afterwards!

EDIT. I thought the show started at 8pm here. I swear the commercials said 8! Its not on untill 9pm!! Booo hooo....