Amazing miniature mini-dollhouse

Selkie

Found this picture of a dollhouse in a bottle on the MicroMark website.

Too intriquing not to share.

post-2708-0-75967100-1371953585_thumb.jp

In case the text is hard to read, here is a copy of the method and the credits for the picture.

This is a unique scratch built house (scaled to one inch equals six feet) made to comfortably fill a 1 gallon glass jug.

There are about 1,000 pieces to the model, which was built in sections outside the bottle, then assembled inside.

Built by Dana Perkins

Biddeford, ME

http://www.micromark.com/html_pages/gallery-annex/gallery-annex.htm

• Like 3

Thanks. I absolutely cannot imagine how anyone would have the patience, eye strength, and hand dexterity to ever accomplish this.

I know there is that other artist who does things on thimbles and pin heads so this would be huge in comparison to that but still .... My big old clumsy hands and trifocals would never manage it.

In case the text is hard to read, here is a copy of the method and the credits for the picture.

This is a unique scratch built house (scaled to one inch equals six feet) made to comfortably fill a 1 gallon glass jug.

There are about 1,000 pieces to the model, which was built in sections outside the bottle, then assembled inside.

I looked up the measurements on a chart I have and this would be the 1:72 scale, which is twice the size of the micro 1:144 houses I've been building lately. The inside of that jug is roomy enough, but getting everything through the mouth of the jug, and making sure it glued properly, and didn't slip -- I would really like to watch someone do that!

Here's another house in a bottle - different style. A friend gave me this over 20 years ago, and it was made by an artist in Paraguay, South America. She knew I liked miniatures so she bought it for me.

post-4286-0-98740000-1372134847_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Wonderful gift !!

Isn't it just amazing that people can do this?

I can't imagine having the patience and eye/hand coordination for it.

I think I would have the patience for it, but what gets me is how there is only one shot at getting it into place and making it stay put! We like to dry-fit, touch it up here, adjust that, clamp it or brace it while the glue dries -- how do you do that in a bottle??? At a mini show in Florida years ago I bought a little House-in-a-bottle but it was a small medicine bottle less than one-inch high, like the vials of antibiotics with the rubber lids. So the mouth of the bottle was almost as wide as the bottle. A lady had made a small scene inside, quite simple, but very cute. And that I could see doing with a pair of tweezers. I bought it primarily as inspiration for doing the same thing myself, though I haven't tried it yet :) But the large bottles with the skinny necks - that's a different ball game!

There are a special kind of forceps the doctors use for surgery within the ear canal. They are super-delicate and I guess they would do the job brilliantly of helping with this kind of miniature. It is a beautiful little house - I want one lol...