New mini publication to look forward to

WyckedWood

I think it was over 50 pages....50 something. Im assuming that would b pure content and no advertising....but until I see it I wont know that for sure (about the adverstisements)

That's one thing that annoys me with the mini mag that I do get....not only are there the usual trade advertisers, which is to be expected...but too many pages of the mag advertising their different products (dvds) and ways to subscribe. That's not what Im paying to see.

Right,agree with you on that,Karin,too many ads! My one dollhouse subscription,which I just can't bear to give up,is only 6 issues a year and it's a pain if I wait 2 months to see pages and pages of stuff I don't relate to. Then,usually,the next issue has tons of wonderful stuff I love. Of course,someone else will have the opposite experiences. :) Just a gamble...It does sound like this new magazine would be ideal for those who love shabby chic. Wishing them much success!

• Like 1

I just bought the print copy and browsed the digital copy on my ipad and I just love it. There are lots of great pictures. If you've read the blogs these ladies

have then you will be quite familiar with their work. Gorgeous pictures. Not much as far as how to's yet but it is there first issue.

Nicely done ladies. Look forward to my hardcopy and the fall issue.

• Like 1

Me too!!! I love being able to thumb through the pages on a printed magazine & this one looks like it would be a beauty!

I agree I like printed magazines also. I can then hack them apart and put them in books of inspiration. I love that. It looks amazing!

Thanx Contrary,I appreciate the info and I have to agree with you on more pages for the price. But they are brand new. I did try to read the table of contents;sadly it wasn't large enough on my screen,and the text that I could see just wasn't very readable for my poor eyesight. I am still learning how to work a computer,so I don't know if I could've enlarged the image...I had expected it to be monthly,so that was a surprise. I am just glad it's available for those miniaturists who prefer this decorating style. I have no doubt it is a lovely publication in person,from what Jody said.

I'm bumping this again to say that I received my print copy yesterday and after reading/ gazing/ daydreaming through it with evening cocktails and morning coffee...today I feel inspired. It also pointed me in several directions for some great etsy products. The only "advertising" is a "look what we found" featuring a few different etsy items. There is one simple, straightforward tutorial for a basket, and lots of photos. I also have constructive criticism or feedback about a few things but I really admire what these 3 ladies have done with this magazine, thinking outside of the box and the whole entrepreneurial spirit of the undertaking..that the few things that could b improvements (fewer duplicate pictures) are certainly not a big deal. If you love this style, you'll enjoy the magazine and look fw to the next one, I'm sure it will only get better with age ;-)

Now,no fair,Karin,cuz I am in love with the Orchid and I can't get the mag-no $,or I'd have my Orchid! :) But,thanx for catching us up with your viewpoint. Sounds like it's a really pretty publication!

:) well I hope u get one soon then lol. They have Orchids at Hobby Lobby and can bought with the weekly %40 off coupon...if u have a hobby lobby that is. the picture was just the downstairs area where it's all one fabulous shabby white kitchen dining rm with no wall dividers and also showed a section of the porch. And psssst..I'm certain that if you go to Cynthia's blog (I think the link was posted in this thread somewhere but if u need it let me know) I'm certain you can see lots of photos of this Orchid for free:-)

Even though I am not a shabby chic only gal,Cynthia's site is one I had definitely drooled over a bunch before I met y'all! I have now learned that that was/is an Orchid,but didn't know anything back then that I have learned in these last few months. I thought I was obsessed with minis before;now the dollhouses that contain them mean so much more!Yeah,I absolutely would love to see this magazine!

• Like 1

I learned about all of the different available dollhouses by ordering the free Hobby Builders Supply catalog from their website. I also learned about almost everything else from that catalog (wiring components,trim,etc.) that was before Greenleaf forum existed. But anyway...I memorized all of the houses and their dimensions and daydreamed and daydreamed :) the pages of my copy were soft from use and well dog eared. Although speaking of sticker shock...seeing all of those prices for the first time was quite an eye opener,lol...I couldn't BELIEVE people would pay so much for an unfinished kit,and neither could my husband. I knew in my heart I would never ever own one of those beautiful house kits. Sometimes the heart is wrong! LOL

• Like 1

Kat, there's a Hobby Lobby in Mobile on Airport Blvd and the one in Spanish Fort is just South of I-10 in Daphne. My closest one in is in Pensacola on Davis Highway. After living my whole life at least eight hours' drive, suddenly I'm within an hour of three!

Holly,Yes,we go to the Airport Blvd./Springhill Ave. crossroads one when I have funds. There's one in Biloxi,and a Michael's is in D'iberville. Of course,we go to Mobile now that we live over the line. I think the Michael's in Mobile is on Airport,too....? Haven't been in so long. I want to work there or HL!!haha

• Like 1