My first miniature doll purchase - the Mad Hatter!!!

moonberry

I am super excited (again - hahahahahahaha).

Was surfing on Pinterest today and came across the amazing doll creations of Debbie Dixon-Paver http://www.cdhm.org/user/debbie.

Turns out she is a South African too. We both ended up following each others' boards (how cool is that???), then I found her gallery of dolls.

Miraculously, I saw that she has a Mad Hatter doll that has NOT sold yet (usually if I see a doll I like, it has already sold).

post-28022-0-26688200-1375017126_thumb.j

Even more fortuitously: she lives in Port Elizabeth, and my Dubai friend is in Port Elizabeth RIGHT NOW for her family vacation. One fast & furious Paypal transaction later and I'm the proud owner of an awesome sculpted doll.

This is fate, people, I put the blame squarely on the Wheel of Destiny!

My friend can bring him to Dubai safely and then I can indulge in my love of all things Alice in Wonderland.

I wanted to make a hat shop (modern, not Victorian), but now that I will have a resident expert, I may just have to give him a suitable abode straight out of the books! Surreal dollhouse build, here we come...

Of course, there will be a mysterious smile hovering somewhere near the ceiling..... my favourite cat of all time hehehe.

I might as well just stop sleeping, there is just so much to do!

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...