Greenleaf 1/4 Scale Villages

Roxxie2

I started in 1/4 scale in the 80's. I bashed Greenleaf Villages into open back houses and hand sanded big trims into smaller shaped trims. The only store bought furniture was the brown plastic (some pieces like the bathroom and stove had white and black) and I remember people doing some great things with it. Now, with so many people making great wood kits in 1/4 scale and laser cut accessories...the level of detail you can achieve is amazing.

Karen Cary also has wonderful 1/4 scale kits. I have loved every one I put together. I took advantage of Greenleaf's free town sale and am excited to do that project. I've been thinking about how I will finish the different pieces.

• Like 2

Oh Goody more links to explore!!!

I am mad at myself for buying the third village when I could have gotten one for free from GL!!!!!!!!!

I like to think about what I will do with the buildings also. I wish I had left the back open on the little Arthur!!!! I guess I will have to go build myself a larger Arthur I love that little house. I would make it the same colors as my 1/4 scale one.

Or......you could make another 1/4 scale Arthur, you can never have too many Greenleaf town/villages. As for the same color...I've always thought it would be fun to do all three sizes the same way in any kit that comes all three sizes. And isn't it sdk that has kits in all three sizes? Ooh...what fun!

• Like 1

I thought of that but to buy the whole kit for one house.........probably won't happen. lol

I am already planning the Orchid in my head......colors, furnishings. I like my houses to have a theme. hmmmmmm

Thinking...... :whistle:

• Like 1

Thanks!!! When I did the first one, The Arthur, I thought no way would I get enough houses built for a village in time for Christmas!!! I am addicted!

Right now working on another one. I can't stop!!!! LOL

• Like 2

Thanks!!! When I did the first one, The Arthur, I thought no way would I get enough houses built for a village in time for Christmas!!! I am addicted!

Right now working on another one. I can't stop!!!! LOL

Just like potato chips! :rofl:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I bought one of these kits at a thrift store over a year ago and got a great ebay deal on two more. I have never built any size house before but have worked in small scale on a Halloween "village" I built around a Yankee Candle metal house. If I get starated on the kit sometime soon I may have it done for the holidays! I really enjoyed seeing what can be done and now I am inspired!