Sivin

Hello friends,

I'm installing Houseworks #5000 Traditional Working Windows into the house and am having a problem with some of the upper windows sliding down. is there a trick to keep them from doing this, or do I just glue them closed?

Thanks!

A tiny dab of mini hold wax should keep them in place but they'd still be able to slide if you want them to. Or you could resort to the old fashioned way and put a stick in the window to hold it up. :D

• Like 2

Aw, I remember those windows and how much trouble they can be. From the sliding down shut to the sticking together and not opening because of the paint, they can be quite frustrating. Lol, I can imagine a little toothpick holding them open. It sure would increase the realism...:)

• Like 1

I remember that was a major, MAJOR! problem with the working windows I built with the San Franciscan kit (they were part of the kit). I didn't resort to gluing them when I built it, since it was for my eldest grand; I asked her if she wanted me to glue those upper panes and she wanted them left working "because they're working windows".