New Copyright Law Information

jennymoomeow

Hi everyone. I know a lot of us blog and share our photos on the web. I just got this information today on the latest copyright laws. It might help some of us who have had copyright infringement issues. I know I've been more interested in copyright law since finding photos from my cooking blog hosted on other servers not controlled by myself.

Quoted material below is from the email I received from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

"The U.S. Department of Commerce’s Internet Policy Task Force (IPTF) has released a green paper on Copyright Policy, Creativity and Innovation in the Digital Economy. The Green Paper discusses the goals for maintaining an appropriate balance between rights and exceptions as the law continues to be updated; ensuring that copyright can be meaningfully enforced on the Internet; and furthering the development of an efficient online market place.

The Green Paper provides a comprehensive review of current policy related to copyright and the Internet, and identifies important issues that call for attention and development of solutions."

http://www.uspto.gov/news/publications/copyrightgreenpaper.pdf

Jenny

• Like 1