1/12th Clockmakers Workshop.

AJH

An astonishing piece!

I've been an avid reader of your blog until you stopped this spring. It's a good thing you decided to go on with your minis, despite everything, since you have an amazing talent. And I really mean it, an amazing talent and your pieces are better than any I've seen and I've always thought you undervalue your work.

Good luck with the sale!

Tony, for some reason the link in your post worked perfectly, but the one at the bottom didn't. Your work is incredibly detailed and wonderful; I had a horologist repair my grandparents' Seth-Thomas eight-day mantle clock and his work area was a lot messier, but the kept his lathe scrupulously clean so the shavings wouldn't get into the works of the clocks and watches he worked on. Your lathe attracted my attention right away, since I like to make mini furniture.

An astonishing piece!

I've been an avid reader of your blog until you stopped this spring. It's a good thing you decided to go on with your minis, despite everything, since you have an amazing talent. And I really mean it, an amazing talent and your pieces are better than any I've seen and I've always thought you undervalue your work.

Good luck with the sale!

Thanks Steve, i really appreciate your comment, it is difficult i find once you get into creating these pieces to stop but sometimes real life issues have to come first slowly but surley im getting back, i always try to value the pieces i make so that they can be available to a wide range of pockets if that makes sense.

Tony, for some reason the link in your post worked perfectly, but the one at the bottom didn't. Your work is incredibly detailed and wonderful; I had a horologist repair my grandparents' Seth-Thomas eight-day mantle clock and his work area was a lot messier, but the kept his lathe scrupulously clean so the shavings wouldn't get into the works of the clocks and watches he worked on. Your lathe attracted my attention right away, since I like to make mini furniture.

Thanks for letting me know about the link holly,think its fixed now. i find no matter how simple a miniature is its the detail that makes the piece ive always tried to incorporate this into all the pieces i make and hopefully as time goes on the better i'll get at it, from the onset of starting this piece the lathe was a must have it took a while to construct but once it was the effort that went into its construction was well woth it.

This is a gorgeous piece and beautiful workmanship. I love looking at it! It's one of my favorites.

Many thanks Dalesq, My goal when i started this piece was to make it so appealing that you wanted to come back to view it again or even re-arranged things a little your comment hopefully confirms i've achieved this ;)

• Like 1

BEAUTIFUL!!! This is one of those pieces that I like to bookmark for future reference. Everything is aged so well and complete, I even had to show my husband (he tinkers in the watch fixin world).

An astonishing piece!

Good luck with the sale!

Amen!

Many thanks Dalesq, My goal when i started this piece was to make it so appealing that you wanted to come back to view it again or even re-arranged things a little your comment hopefully confirms i've achieved this ;)

You've definitely achieved the desire to look at it over and over again! I love that the clocks work, and imagine that I could "check the time" if I wanted to. There are so many small details, I see something different each time I look at it. But the beauty of it is that those details don't make it look cluttered. It's a moment captured!