Hi, I'm new!

nicole g

Hi there! My name is Nicole and I'm new to the green leaf community. I've built a few houses, not totally finished, but I'm not a complete amateur. (or I'd like to think so)

I'm from Michigan, in my early twenties, married, and I have a 9 month old daughter named Delilah. I went to college for a bachelors of Fine Arts, with a drawing and painting focus.

Currently working on my Spring Fling Kit. First time doing one.

So, hi!

• Like 1

Welcome to the little family, Nicole. One more post and you can make albums of your houses to share with all us eye candy addicts. I have built a house or two, but I still get newbie jitters whenever I open a kit box.

• Like 2

Ill have to take pictures of everything, lol. I havent been very good at documenting my work in progress.

OOooh. The orchid! I wanted to build that one, perhaps I will when I finish my others, haha. I hope it's going well!

Hi Nicole,welcome to the forum. I'm fairly new myself. I have been working on a Dura-craft Ashley and just got my 1st Greenleaf kit in the mail today-An Orchid! Have fun with your Spring Fling kit! And little finch,Welcome,too! We will have to compare notes on our builds! Also,there are lots of photos of all kinds of dollhouses in the Gallery,including 2 Orchid Blogs. Go to the top of the page and you'll see where to check it all out! I've been here a few months and am still learning all the wealth of information that's here to learn from! Glad y'all are joining the fun!! Kat

Welcome Nicole and LJ~

You've both been lucky in discovering this forum early on. It's a fantastic place with fantastic people. We ALL learn, grow and have fun here. Yes, there's something to be said for experience but in this form of building there are no inspections! The only person who has to approve is you.

We're all waiting for pictures!

Enjoy!

Morgan

• Like 1

Welcome Nicole. I'm sure with your background in fine arts you will be a great source of information ... :)

I'm in Australia and currently working on a few houses. I'm concentrating particularly on a custom built one at the moment and I'm just starting. So far I have one coat of undercoat done, another to put on, the stairway assembled and stained and varnished. Now I have to plan the family who are going to 'live' there so that I can decide on rooms and furnishings etc.

It's so exciting isn't it.