nunziata

Hello all,

This is something very new to me, but already I am loving it. I wish I would have found this forum before I started my first project, but hopefully I will learn a lot from you.

I live in Fl., just retired from 19 yrs of Real Estate. I play gold, but my other passion is playpal dolls. I lived in W. Pa most of my life and had a great old attic to play in and this brings back some wonderful memories.

My real question is: How in the world do you get those pieces out that are not cut all the way through. That is when I thought I would lose my mind!

Thanks, Nancy

Hi Nancy, and welcome to the forum! Which house are you building?

Sounds like whatever kit you have is die cut so you will want to get a sturdy craft knife with sharp blade. Sometimes you have to assist the pieces by scoring and cutting along the die cut line. I also do a lot of gentle jiggling of the sheet, flexing it gently to break pieces loose. There will be lots of splinters and debris so you'll want to work someplace that clean up is easy.

Welcome to the little family, Nancy. I use a craft knife for my doll making, but for most dollhouse construction my weapon of choice is a Stanley retractable utility knife. It'll coax the most stubborn pieces out! Which house are you building?

I grew up in West Palm Beach, a little to the south of you.

Hello Nancy. I had that problem, too, with two of my houses. As the other members have said, a sharp craft knife is the answer along with lots of prayers and prizing LOL.

I'm just at the stage where I have my own gallery now, but only three pictures to put on it, and none of the three are very interesting right now. I have yet to finish one of mine, I just get so excited about the others that I can't stay on just one for any length of time.

Thanks all!

Actually, I am building the 1" Willow. I did not do a great job with the steps and I was so disappointed, so I ordered a set and used wood flooring to make the opening smaller - since the steps are not as wide. I also faced them in the opposite direction - which I really like. I would love to post a couple of photos, but have not figured out where to do that yet???? Greenleaf has been kind enough to send me a few new parts, as my roof was warped and the pieces I cannot get out were not cut properly. I'll figure this out eventually. So if you could tell me where to go to post a photo, will do that.

I am in Port St. Lucie Fl. Too darn hot out so this is my summer project!

Thanks, Nancy

You have to make at least five posts before you can post photos. You can post them here but you will eventually run out of space. Most folks start a gallery (it's the one of the tabs at the top of this page). I'm old school and use single sided razor blades to coax out my stubborn pieces. I keep them next to the BandAids! I have a few gallery pics of the two Willows I have done in the gallery if you would like to look at them. Go to Gallery and enter Willow in the search box and you should find mine along with a few others. You can download instructions for the Willow here http://www.rockler.com/tech/RTD10000572AA.pdf that are better than the ones that come with it. Best of luck and feel free to ask any questions as there is a lot of talent here and most of us have "been there, done that"!