Pyramid schemes and friendships

WyckedWood

Anyone else have to deal with this? Ive never been the type to get involved in these types of businesses (other than a short lived career as an avon lady). I just don't understand how people can fall for these, but now with facebook and other social networking it seems everybodys got some diet supplement to sell...so tired of it. ...I have one friend in particular, every month its something new shes bought the "buy in" items and then has to get everyone else involved to try to recover her (husbands) money. ugh.

• Like 1

My nephew's wife was trying to sell some ridiculouslyy expensive kitchen knives last year,and my poor generous-beyond-her-means mother was actually considering trying to manage a set before I stopped her. My niece-in-law meant no harm-she's just young and got suckered in. Fortunately,she got a real job shortly after...Karin,it's sad that people fall for these things. I am kind of fortunate in that I am always broke,so everybody knows to not try to sell me anything!!lol

• Like 1

Lol Kat :-) Yes, and that is the one thing that all of the get rich quick schemes seem to have in common...very expensive over priced items to sell. . Diet drinks, body wraps, handbags...knives, its all expensive and marketed to be "the very best". Reading the reviews online will usually tell a different story.

• Like 1

I have bought Avon, Tupperware and Hobbytex, but on my terms, if I need and as I needed.

Oh and more recently I have attended a "Postie" party advising the hostess that I was in no way able to be able to purchase any clothing.

While I was living in PNG I did take on being a Hobbytex distributor as there was a group of us that found the hobby relaxing and a good way to come together and share a common interest. We needed access to product so I stepped up. I still have my kit and resurect it occasionally for a job that needs a bitof colour.

I hate feeling pressured by anyone, so do not/would not do it myself hense I would never make a very good sales person! LOL.

• Like 1

My aunt and uncle signed up as AMC cookware consultants in 1995, so they could buy themselves the pots and pans for cheaper, also a set for their daughter, and they let me buy one set at cost from them too. Still looking good and cooking fabulous after 18 years of daily use, I'm very impressed and so glad they got into sales!

• 1 month later...