Newbie from Iowa

shawn32671

Hello, my name is Shawn, I'm 42 years old from north central Iowa. I've always had an interest in building wooden and plastic model kits and thought I'd try my hand at house miniature building as well. My current project is the Orchid kit although I haven't gotten much of a start yet. I'm hoping to learn all I can and contribute where possible.

Welcome to the forum Shawn! Do a search of the Orchid on the forum's main page and you will find lots of threads in addition to the two team builds for this house. We all love seeing everyone's work, and after five posts you can start your own gallery so we can your progress! :)

Thanks Doc, I actually found those downloads yesterday when i was searching to see if there were any online forums for help with dollhouses. The instructions are a far cry better than the vague set that came with the kit.

Welcome Shawn! So glad you've joined us-it's a fun place to be! In addition to the advice so far,I'll add that you might enjoy going to the Gallery (at the top of page) and search directly for the photos of the other Orchids not in the 2 Orchid blogs,as Debora mentioned.There's lots!! I'm still just in the research stage for my Orchid build,having 2 other houses to do 1st and am just amazed at the tons of different ways to render this kit with one's own style! I'm learning so much from others' experiences for when I do start mine! Be sure you type in Orchid dollhouse,or you know what flower you'll get-evidently there are some miniature orchid flower kit makers around too!LOL And,not to sound like a traitor,but if you haven't done so yet,Google The Orchid dollhouse,images-you'll get even more to see and read about all over the net. Looking forward to watching your build progress! Kat