Meet My New Babygirl - Sophie

Lady Grey

When I lost one of my girls in January of 2012, my heart broke in half. She died of a freak accident in the back yard. Then when her sister died one year later in January of 2013 from sudden kidney failure, I almost died myself. It has been tremendous grief. I have had Greyhounds for 17 years and I was just lost. I gave myself over 6 months to grieve. Although I wanted to give myself a year, I met some people with the Greyhound adoption program in Birmingham and became introduced to a wonderful sweet girl of 4.5 years old. We bonded right away. I have had her over a month now, and she is settling in as the queen of the house. Her name is Sophie and she is a beauty. May I share her pics with you. Meet Sophie.......

DSC03108_zps55468314.jpg

DSC03107_zps5c52b066.jpg

DSC03106_zpse5287478.jpgDSC03076_zpsf8884953.jpg

photo3-Copy_zps85f8c2a6.jpg

• Like 2

She is fabulous;such a sweet face! Love her and hug her and kiss her for me. I am normally a cat and bird lover-but Sophie is just adorable! Congratulations and here's to many happy years together! :clap:

She is fabulous;such a sweet face! Love her and hug her and kiss her for me. I am normally a cat and bird lover-but Sophie is just adorable! Congratulations and here's to many happy years together! :clap:

Thank you so much, kat!

Beautiful girl. We have fur kids too and understand the cycle of grief and loss and finding the heart for a new baby. I once read in Abby/Ann, forget which, how we show the ones who passed how happy they made us by getting another. Dog, cat, bird....whatever our pet, we honor them in getting another. I always felt so disloyal before that.

Look at that snoot! (That's what we call the snout in my household, anyway, but my chihuahua/Italian Greyhound mix doesn't have anywhere near the long, graceful snoot Sophie has. :))

She looks very sweet. I love her white socks. :)

Thank you. What a sweet and beautiful baby you have!!! Thanks for sharing.

Luana, she's such a pretty girl!!!! Congrats!!! She's going to have a great life. You have so much love to give not to share it with another baby. Don't feel any guilt, your other girls are happy to see you giving a great home and lots of love to another!!!! Congrats again!!!

Beautiful girl. We have fur kids too and understand the cycle of grief and loss and finding the heart for a new baby. I once read in Abby/Ann, forget which, how we show the ones who passed how happy they made us by getting another. Dog, cat, bird....whatever our pet, we honor them in getting another. I always felt so disloyal before that.

It was a little bit of a struggle because Bella was my real heart dog. She was taken way before her time - only 8 and a half years old. I still felt her presence in the house - or maybe it was just my terrible longing to have her back. But I feel that my wonderful Bella would have me love my Sophie. Thanks for sharing that.

Luana, she's such a pretty girl!!!! Congrats!!! She's going to have a great life. You have so much love to give not to share it with another baby. Don't feel any guilt, your other girls are happy to see you giving a great home and lots of love to another!!!! Congrats again!!!

Thank you, Mary. There was a little guilt feeling, but I think that was just me grieving for my girls - especially Bella. She was my heart dog. An amazing girl. But I think Bella would be OK with my little Sophie. Funny thing is, Sophie has some traits of both Angel and Bella. It is wonderful. I am so blessed to have her.

She is beautiful. I would love to run my hand along her side, she looks so very smooth. My little Max is a fluff bomb, and he gives me such joy. I'm sure your girls are pleased that you have opened your heart and home to another girl who needed a home.

Greyhounds LOVE to run! There's a greyhound farm at Lee, FL, and whenever we did a club ride in that direction the route looped down past the pens and the puppies used to love to race us on our bikes.