My first house,on the cheap!

Thomastourist

Hi,from a new member.Thomas from England!

My first kit was found with parts missing.It was cheap so I persevered.The roof was not there but with a photo from a mag I improvised and was quite pleased with the result.I believe it is the

Glencroft.This was about 16 years ago.I put in real glass windows and it had the front garden although now it looks a little sad.In fact I am moving on to building a large Georgian town house.The pics I shall attempt to attach are of the house in its present semi derelict state.I have removed all my best items,the light up stove and fire etc so somebody else can give it the TLC it needs.We have had over 15 years of pleasure from this house.

Best Wishes,

From UK

post-41213-0-21991000-1378330974_thumb.j

post-41213-0-80176800-1378330995_thumb.j

post-41213-0-60193900-1378331023_thumb.j

post-41213-0-40047000-1378331051_thumb.j

• Like 1

Hi Thomas, and welcome to the forum! You should go the the New Member Introductions section and introduce yourself. After you've made 5 posts you can start a gallery, which will be helpful for recording old and new builds. :)

• Like 1

Thomas, that is the Glencroft, I built one and made it into a pub. Why not rehab it yourself, and keep it?

Maybe Tom's an Aquarian, like me. We build 'em and leave 'em behind as we move on. Don't like looking back.

• Like 2

Hello,Molly.

Thanks for your nice comment.Yes I made it for my wife about 17 years ago with parts missing and no instructions! I have not done anything for about 10 years but recently bought a part built Georgian town house and against my better judgement decided to finish it to display all the good stuff my wife has collected over the years.I have started it now and I was surprised how relaxing,therapeutic,and at the same time frustrating!

Best Wishes,

Tom.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Thomas, What a lovely building, lots of character, I agree Holly - rehab!

Kathie, I hope what you said about Aquarians is not true as I really want to continue on with my Orchid (making the furnishings etc)

I have put it aside though choosing to press on with other projects to get ready for our "Dabblers" exhibition which opened last night and will be on display for a month in our local library.

i have put The Orchid in as an ongoing project!

I am flying over to Houston for a month on the 3rd so will hopefully be continuing on with the grand daughters dollhouse that I put together in Febuary.

• Like 1

Kathie, I hope what you said about Aquarians is not true as I really want to continue on with my Orchid (making the furnishings etc)

No fear, Gail. We push on until we feel it is finished. As you fill the house with the lovely furnishings you will make, you'll start thinking ahead to your next built. And at some point you'll cut loose the Orchid and move on to the new project. That's when you're not likely to look back. :)

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...