Hi from Oregon

genbug

I am new to this site and have already asked questions and got replies very quickly. In the 70's I built quite a few doll houses but nothing since then. I just finished the Madison and am patiently (not really) waiting for my Linfield to arrive so I can start it. I also have started building furniture too, some old Xacto kits I pick up at garage sales and second hand stores. Finally have the time to do them and really enjoying it..

• Like 1

My daughter and her hubby live in Vancouver, WA and I have a cousin that lives in Seaside. We were out visiting over July 4th week - just LOVE it out there!! :)

Gee, there a several PNW forum members.....my list of folks to visit during my next trip out in May is growing! ;)

• Like 1

I'm ignorant down here in the South,near the Gulf,but is this a town,Seaside,or you mean you are on the coast vacationing,or visiting the beach...? Just curious! I spent a lot of my childhood years in Sacramento County,California,but never got to go to Oregon,darn it!

Welcome to the little family, Mary. Save your instruction sheets from your furniture kits, you can use them to make new parts for building more pieces, which is a great way to build up nerve to reproduce more original parts for scratchbuilding furniture from some of the excellent dollhouse furniture books that are out there.

Mary,I just took a second look at your Dura-Craft Columbian-how cute! I'm on my 1st house,a DC Ashley,but it's taking me forever,since I'm doing walls and floors before gluing together. I am anxious to see how you decorate this wonderful house!

• 2 weeks later...