WyckedWood

I'll add some more pictures later, but here are a few shots of the gingerbread lighthouse Ive been working on. Its pretty much finished except for those few little things that you dont notice until you take the pictures lol.

Ok, 1:24 is not my thing at all...but I aquired an already built RGT half scale lighthouse and decided to do something different...make it a gingerbread lighthouse. My sister recently came to visit, and made off with my current gingerbread cottage, so I needed a replacement. It's occupied by a small mice family but Im not sure if they will ever be seen, although they live in it none the less. I dont have any half scale furniture and there doesnt seem to be much to choose from, accessories wise, so it will be awhile before I can add much to the decorations on the inside (maybe Im just not looking in the right places). Next year I'll probably add a base to it, but for now I have to move on to another Gingerbread house project I need to get done before Thanksgiving :-)

• Like 1

It's delightful! GL sells half scale furniture room kits that can look pretty good. Check the web store and look at what Kellyannmo did with hers. Her bath and kitchen were really cute.

I have a lot of half scale Bespac that I've been collecting over time, so it's out there.

Tootsie toys are half scale, but they are pricey on eBay, maybe because they are "vintage." If you can find them at a thrift store or garage sale you could probably get them for a good price. Mattel's "Littles" are also half scale.

Also check SDK's site for furniture kits and Scale Designs (they have Cassidy Creations kits, which I love). If you need more suggestions let me know.

Thanks Gina, thanks Roxy :) This is my second gingerbread house, the first was a Tiffani cottage I did a few years ago, I was proud to have it published in American Miniaturist Dec 2012. Messy, but sooooo fun :)

• Like 1

Lots of inspiring ideas on google images and I have a (rl)gingerbread) decorating book thats great for inspiration. I didn't think of this on my previous house, but before I started this project I checked out youtube videos for piping frosting and learned a few things about what all of those different nozzles do, and how to properly hold the bag. I have the large set of Wilton cake decorating tips (about $20 at Beverlys, but used %40 off coupon) and two of the fabric/heavy plastic bags. Also, I know this from my gingerbread book, theres no such thing as perfection when it comes to these in rl, which is another reason I like doing it, very carefree, if you mess up, it can just be wiped off and done over.

• Like 1

I just love this one! Karin,honestly,anybody talented enough as you were to come up with such a wonderfully unique creation could make furniture that is perfect for it-I'd bet on it anyway! :) And,even if you don't,I know the interior is going to be the bomb when you are through! Bravo!

I use to make an entire real gingerbread village every Christmas. I started out making one of those gingerbread house kits that they sell every year and added trees and gingerbread people. I also made a half scale GB house from a Michael's Puzzle a couple years ago. A picture of it is in my blog. I just made that little quarter scale gingerbread style house for my GL Christmas Village. You made me think I should have made the whole village look like gingerbread! Now I get ideas!!!! I never saw a GB light house before that is so cute and so original. I love it! You could make the furniture look like candy or something edible. ha ha

• Like 2