Rosedale for my niece

Blondie

I know! I've really fallen in love with this kit. I love the staircase and how it turns at the base. I also really the layout of the house. I think this one is kind of a sleeper. You fall in love with it after you start building. :)

Here you go. I don't drink soda so here it is with a 12 inch steele ruler standing next to it, a mechanical pencil, a pair of readers, and a little dish of candy corn for good measure. Petite! (Sorry photo isn't better)post-15386-0-81926600-1384057106_thumb.j

Some siding is taped over the second story windows.

• Like 2

Yes, I am a total sniffer. :D

Today, I got all of the ceilings in. Whew! I added white, shiny paper for all of the ceilings except the attic, which got copper paper. Dalesq, I see you have been busily figuring out your siding and trim. I did a bunch of siding last night and am about halfway through.

Dear Rosedale Builders,

Please feel free to jump in and share your progress on your builds. We can do this together! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: There are 42 days until Christmas, so I officially have 41 days to get this house done.

:dog:

• Like 2

Looking good! I really should finish my Rosedale, it's very close to done and has been neglected for a long time. I have two bathrooms to do and kind of hate bathrooms, so that's part of why it's been languishing...

• Like 2

Looking good! I really should finish my Rosedale, it's very close to done and has been neglected for a long time. I have two bathrooms to do and kind of hate bathrooms, so that's part of why it's been languishing...

Emily, I would love to see more of your Rosedale :wub:

• Like 1

I don't like bathrooms either, which is why the Beacon Hill won't have one! :)

I got all of the siding done last night and am now painting. The shell will be dark red and white like Gina's. I am official Gina Copycat. :)

Yes, Fov I would love to see your Rosedale. Off to peek!

• Like 1

I'm not particularly a kitchen or bath fan. I like some of the kitchen stuff, but all the canned goods and stuff don't ring my bells. Probably because I'm not a cook. I do think little kitchen aid mixers are neato.

Bathrooms just don't have much to offer. So I like them small and now know to just move interior walls when the bath is too large (like in the McKinley and the Tennyson.) in one inch scale there are some great new fixtures becoming available, but not in half scale. So I will keep working to improve my scratch constructions skills :)

Yeh, I'm not a cook in Real Life. I know how to microwave stuff though! My niece will probably use one of the rooms as a bathroom and have a kitchen. It's up to her -- which is quite the relief! Much less work knowing I don't have to fill this house.

I got the first coat of paint finished. Huff puff! :)

Fov, I LOVE your double Rosedale -- amazing work!!

• Like 1

Thanks! Maybe when I finish up the Rowhouse I'll do the last fiddly bits of the Rosedale before moving on to something new.

Blondie, looking good! I love the red, very bold.

• Like 2

I tried out some spraypaint for the speed shingles, but it was a miserable failure, so I'm going to just glue them on and paint them directly on the house. I'm also now feeling slightly overwhelmed by painting sanding and painting again all of that trim, but it must be done! :salute:

• Like 1

Blondie, if you're going to paint the shingles after they're glued in place, be sure to put a coat of shingle-color paint on the roof before you glue the shingles on. otherwise the lighter under roof will show between and make you crazy. (Please don't ask me how I know this. :D )

• Like 2