The Introduction Thread...:)

HalloweenGhost

Hello! I have been wanting to join this forum for awhile, and finally did it this morning. I presently reside in KY, but will soon be making the long trek to Utah. I have had experience in the past with dollhouses, but life moved on, and I no longer have them. I recently re-fell in love with the hobby and bought myself an Orchid. I haven't finished it yet as I keep changing my mind on what I want to do with it. I have also assembled a Primrose, which has proven to actually be my most favorite structure I have ever put together. Who'd have thought that! I have it papered, and am in the process of cutting Woodsies for the siding. (Tedious, but so worth it.) That is my Halloweentown Toy Shoppe. I sculpted a pumpkin headed creature (he's not done yet - I have to re-do the wiring on his arms) who is the proud owner, and since he needs a place to live, I bought him the Laurel!

Nothing is done yet, as I am on hold with the upcoming move, but I sure can't wait to get something totally finished so I can concentrate on the best part, which is the decorating and furnishing. :D

I am looking forward to seeing all the good advice that the other members have to share, and also just to enjoy seeing what other people create. :)

• Like 1

Welcome and congrats on all the projects.

You'll love it here. Sounds like you have the same addiction we all have. This is definitely not the place to come to get over the mini-addiction. We'll only urge you on to more and more and more.

After you have made 5 posts you can open an album. Since we are all eye-candy junkies, we'll love seeing all your ideas.

Welcome to the little family! We moved two years ago and I still have no place to set up all the tools & workbench to build (EVERYTHING that didn't go into the house is crammed into the garage, including the contents of my workroom, DH's workshop and our storage building, so nothing can be found at this point); so when I mini it's needlecraft projects, since I do have an indoor craft room for Barbies and other largger dolls, needlecrafts and cookbooks.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I admit to being easily encouraged to buying and doing more. I think this forum is already having an effect on me - I just bought 2 Buttercups that were too cheap to pass up. I love that little cottage, so now I have 2. One will be a gingerbread house, and the other a library! Once I figure out how to open an album, I would be happy to share some pics. Not that I have anything all too impressive yet, but I'll get there! :)

Welcome!! :)

I made my Buttercup into a gingerbread cottage, pictures are in my gallery. I think it is a great house for that, and also a library. I think Casey did a bookstore out of 2.

Looking forward to seeing pictures!

Finally figured out how to multi-quote! :p Each forum is different. I looked at your gingerbread house, and I really liked it! You did a great job with it. :D I still haven't grasped the concept of kit bashing, but I would imagine a bookstore made of 2 would be awesome.

I love your enthusiasm, it's very catching ... :)

Looking forward to seeing your album when you get one up and running.

I have a two day workshop next weekend on a Wizard's table, and can hardly wait to go.

It's lovely to meet you.

Oooh, fun, a wizard's table?? :D I hope to one day have something interesting to post in an album. :) Lovely to meet you too!

Had fun reading your blog! Love the ideas, especially the swamp creature! :)

You'll fit right in here!

Oh, thank you! I appreciate very much that you liked my blog. I enjoy blogging, and also reading other hobbyists blogs. So much great info and inspiration out there to read! :D I really can't wait to bring the Swamp Creature to life. I haven't gotten him quite figured out yet, but he will have a very nice home and whopping business when I am done!

• Like 1

Havanaholly - I love the Glencroft. It was a kit I had once before, that I never got a chance to complete. One day it will be mine again! :D I am having second thoughts of parting with my DuraCraft Tudor. I got it out today, and I am thinking I might go ahead and keep it, but just finish the outside MUCH differently then the box shows it. Maybe no Tudor strips, but more of a stone outside. I'll see down the road with that, though! :)

Thank you, GirlPiper. :) I should be getting the date fairly soon as to when I am going to take off. Better happen soon - this suspense is literally going to be the end of me. :S