Let the bashing begin....The Pierce has spoken. :)

Stacey6163

I now realize the benefits of the dry build - I didn't know to do this on the first two - just one of the many things learned the past two weeks. I have decided after playing around with the furniture I plan on using : the kitchen is way too small & that it will become the sewing room, the stairs - grrrrr - were a real doozy to build and after fighting with them , breaking off the top piece trying to fit them in, and then dropping them - they will be replaced with a spiral staircase that doesn't take up as much room. I found the tutorial here and have them halfway done already. The blank end wall is the perfect place for an addition that will be the kitchen , half bath , laundry & mudroom , with a back door entrance. I'm thinking of doing a flat roof with a roof top garden / seating area. Still figuring out all the little details , but so much fun !

• Like 3

Stacey, I cut two double doors in that end wall; the downstairs one will lead to a conservatory and the upstairs one to a rooftop garden. I'm planning to make the conservatory as an addition so I can still get the house through a doorway. Originally the house wanted a second floor gazebo in the tower, but we discussed the consevatory and she was much more amenable to that idea.

• Like 2

That's what I think I'm going to do - double doors leading into the addition , but leaving it separate. I have a walk in fireplace that is going in the kitchen , still trying to figure out chimney placement for that and the living room fireplace. Mine wants a gazebo also , we'll have to wait and see on that. :)

• Like 1

I took the Dremel with it's little cutting blade and cut the first doorway out of the end wall of the " Shadeland" - and she's decided her name is Sadie - it was terrifying and exhilarating at the same time!! Sat there staring (again ) an hour or so and have almost got the colors / wallpaper figured out ,along with the addition . And hubby brought me home a tub of spackling - I'm set !!! :)