I got an illustrating job!

Momof2Moos

I know I have been drastically absent lately, and I now I can finally tell you! Well, I could have told you a few weeks ago, but I have still been quite busy.

I got to illustrate a book! And it comes out in just a couple of weeks.... seemingly on the 21st.

It's a mommy anthology of hilarity, written by Karen Alpert aka Baby Sideburns, called I Heart My Little A-Holes. It isn't for everyone, that's for sure, but I think

most parents (not the stepford highly pretentious everything I do is perfect and my children never make me crazy types) will relate to it.

I am so excited that I got the opportunity to participate in this. It's pretty amazing.

She assures me that it will be priced inexpensively (under $10) and will be available on amazon.com Peeps in Australia will be able to buy it through the Euro sites,

but it won't be available on Canada's version. Boooo. It is in both physical book and ebook. :)

To learn more about the book, you can visit her blog at ChicagoNow or her facebook page (both under Baby Sideburns)

Or you can go see my blog HERE or my facebook HERE.

Hope you are all as excited as I am!!!!

post-5565-0-75800200-1381066958_thumb.jp

Neat, Lyssa! I would have responded sooner, but I've spent the past two hours reading the Baby Sideburns blog. A few more F words than I think she needs to use, but the lady has one heckuva sense of humor and writes very well! Hope the book does well for both of you. :thumb:

• Like 1

Neat, Lyssa! I would have responded sooner, but I've spent the past two hours reading the Baby Sideburns blog. A few more F words than I think she needs to use, but the lady has one heckuva sense of humor and writes very well! Hope the book does well for both of you. :thumb:

Thanks, Kathie! She is heavy on the swearing, but not as bad as some of the other Mommy blogs out there (Moms Who Drink and Swear, People I Want to Punch in the Throat....)

I'm really looking forward to it's release. :) Even if all I end up with is my copy of the book, that will be great. I have been working towards this kind of work for yeeeeeaaaaaarrrrrrs. It's nice to see it finally actualized. :)

And thank you to you, too, Debora and Jerene!

Thanks, everyone! The author got her copy today, so it won't be much longer.

Jeremy, sorry for the lack of communication and getting our kids together over the summer. This took up my WHOLE vacation time. Even my vacation on vacation time, I had to work!

I'm still up to my eyeballs in all of it, and the holidays, but hopefully we can get them together, soon. :)

Lyssa,

I completely understand. We'll be in Hunter's Crossing until at least next summer. Maybe one of these weekends the kids can watch a DVD while we work on those curtains. I can't finish the Tudor's bath until they're made and installed.

I won't get my copy of the first of two feature articles from Doll House & Miniature Scene until next month, so I know how exciting it is waiting to see your work on printed page.

I know I have been drastically absent lately, and I now I can finally tell you! Well, I could have told you a few weeks ago, but I have still been quite busy.

I got to illustrate a book! And it comes out in just a couple of weeks.... seemingly on the 21st.

It's a mommy anthology of hilarity, written by Karen Alpert aka Baby Sideburns, called I Heart My Little A-Holes. It isn't for everyone, that's for sure, but I think

most parents (not the stepford highly pretentious everything I do is perfect and my children never make me crazy types) will relate to it.

I am so excited that I got the opportunity to participate in this. It's pretty amazing.

She assures me that it will be priced inexpensively (under $10) and will be available on amazon.com Peeps in Australia will be able to buy it through the Euro sites,

but it won't be available on Canada's version. Boooo. It is in both physical book and ebook. :)

To learn more about the book, you can visit her blog at ChicagoNow or her facebook page (both under Baby Sideburns)

Or you can go see my blog HERE or my facebook HERE.

Hope you are all as excited as I am!!!!

I checked out the book, this is wonderful. I will definitely be getting one for myself and two more for my daughters who both have young kids. Thanks for posting this!!!

• Like 1

Sure thing, Jeremy! I *may* have time in November...but let me check.

The book is now on pre-order and available for e-book on Tueday, October 22nd. It's already doing amazingly well. :D So exciting!

http://www.amazon.com/I-Heart-My-Little-A-Holes/dp/0615873383/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1382023603&sr=8-2&keywords=i+heart+my+little+a-holes

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my 3 copies in the mail yesterday. Lyssa, I love your illustrations. I especially love the one near the end with the haggard looking mom telling her kids they owe her for plastic surgery.

I only read about the first 50 pages so far but the book is hilarious. My kids are adults now but the book brings back memories of those younger years and I can still relate. I'm sure my daughters will enjoy it too.

Thanks for posting about I Heart My Little A-Holes.

• Like 1

Thanks, Kari Lynn! I had a fantastic time working with Karen. That's one of my favorites, too. Sometimes, I feel like that when I look in the mirror. There are a few that we did that ended up not getting used.

I'm glad you are enjoying it so far. I will pass that on to Karen. It's doing really well at amazon and we couldn't be happier. :)

• Like 1