Is anyone going to the Philadelphia Miniaturia show this year? From what I heard, this miniature show used to be in Philadelphia, but now it is in nearby Cherry Hill at the Crowne Plaza. It is the largest miniature show on the East Coast and the second largest in the nation (Chicago being the first).

This will be the first year I am going, and I am very excited about it. The dates and times are: Saturday, November 2, 2013 from 10 AM to 5 PM and Sunday, November 3 from 11 AM to 4 PM. The price is $10, and for children under 10, it is $3.

You can also buy a $25 preview ticket for admission on Friday evening from 6 PM - 9 PM. If you buy a preview ticket for Friday, it will be good for all three days. I plan to be there on the Saturday.

I heard that last year Super Storm Sandy put a damper on the show, and at the time my house was still without electricity. Let's hope for a better state of affairs this year.

MY ..."plan" ...is to go to it. This will be my first miniature show ever! I am excited for it as well.

It will also be the farthest and longest time away from my 6 year old, so if I the cord can stretch that far... nothing will stop me ;P

I SO hope to be able to make it this year. I was all ready to go to last year's show...hotel reservation and all,,,when Sandy hit LI and made it impossible. I'm still hoping the budget and schedule will stretch to allow it this year :thumb:

Yay! Glad to can make it Jeff! I would love to make a 2-day excursion of it, but that weekend is always the same weekend as my cake club meeting. :/

Would love to meet some of the forum friends while there!

I've never been to a miniature show before but I asked my friend if she wanted to go with me and she said "A whole day of small things to swoon over? I'm IN!" so i have someone to go with. She a pastry arts student so we admire each other's work. :lol:

she looks at my work like: :jawdrop:

and i look at her work like: :eatyum:

Jeff, I am glad you can make it. I am in Middlesex County, so I believe I may be a little closer, but the way I drive, I am planning on about an hour and a half as well. If it turns out to be less, then I will be happy.

I am also about 3 hours away, early day for us. Now I am even more stoked because your all going and your stoked :banana:

Oh the miles and miles of mini's we will see!! Last time I counted the vendors it was almost 200.

That's at least 200 tables to go through .. So if your like me standing at one table for 10 mins.... we better bring some electrolytes. :D

• Like 1

For those of you who have been there already, can you get something in the line of fast food at the hotel? If I go in the morning, I don't want to have to leave the premises for lunch, and since I plan on spending some time there, I don't want to go all day without food. I will be lightheaded enough from being overwhelmed with eye candy, if I have to go on an empty stomach, I am afraid I wil pass out. :D

If you pass a sandwich store on your way in, get them to make you one without the condiments, and grab the packets for mayo, etc, and keep it womewhere cool until you can stop and eat it for lunch next day. Tracy or Kathie correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember that the hotel provided boxed lunches for the Atlanta Miniature Show we all went to.

I don't know what the situation is with the hotel in Philadelphia, but a few years ago at the Chicago show the hotel restaurant and coffee shop were swamped. Long lines, long waits. I'd pack some power bars and an apple or two and stick a bottle of water in my bag if I were going. Who wants to waste precious time eating?

• 2 weeks later...

Only five more days away. - By the way, based on everyone's comments, I decided to bring a sub-sandwich with me and advised my accompanying friends to do the same. Kathie is right, who wants to waste precious time eating? Besides, I can satisfty my appetite by buying miniature food for my dollhouse occupants.

• Like 2

Only five more days away. - By the way, based on everyone's comments, I decided to bring a sub-sandwich with me and advised my accompanying friends to do the same. Kathie is right, who wants to waste precious time eating? Besides, I can satisfty my appetite by buying miniature food for my dollhouse occupants.

This made me smile! I hope you have a great time at the show! Wish I were there :)