It's looking like I'll be able to go :banana: I'm kind of afraid to say definitely yes in case something happens.

Spoke too soon :cry: I really, really wanted for it to happen, but I just can't stretch the budget that much. My husband's family is having a get-together in NJ the second weekend in November (just found out...what is it with people and planning?) so 2 weekends away in a row is not something I'll be able to handle. Everybody be sure to have a fabulous time!

Sorry you won't be able to go this year, Sarah. Maybe next year they can plan the get-together a weekend early, then you can do both. On the bright side, I am sure your get-together this year will be nice.

If I won't embarrass my friends too much, I think I will wear my Elmo sweatshirt. My mother gave it to me because she knows I like Elmo, and she had it personalized with my name (Maureen) draped over a big, bright red, fury-looking Elmo. This way, Jane, or any once else who is going on Saturday, if you see a person wearing a shirt like this, you will know it has to be me and that you can feel free to walk over and say hello. - It would be nice to meet some of you in person.

• Like 1

Okay, it's official. I will be wearing my Elmo sweatshirt with my name on it tomorrow.

If you see a gray sweatshirt with a big read character with "Maureen" written above its head, please stop by and say hello. I will either have a big smile on my face or I will be staring very intensely at something small. If the latter is the case, please don't be afraid to interrupt me, as I would love to meet you in person.

For those of you who are going, have a nice, safe trip. For everyone else, have a nice weekend.

I really enjoyed it, Jeff. I got a battery operated ceiling light for my bathroom, a small wooden carriage for my dolls' dolls, vintage crafts/games (to put under the Christmas tree), food for my dining room table, and a few other odds and ends. I also developed a fine appreciation for 1/4 scale miniatures, even though I will stick with the standard scale.

It was really nice to see vendors and artists from all over the country. My friend and I spent 5 straight hours looking around. There are four large rooms to view things, and if you go tomorrow, be sure to go upstairs and vote for your favorite display. I think the displays were created by NAME members.

Let me know how you and your friend like it, and have fun.

This was my first show, it was amazing! I spent only about three hours walking around, as I also had a three hour drive ;(

I noticed the 1/4 scale items myself Maureen, there seems to be a decent supply of pieces for 1/4 scale there but the 144th houses, kits and supplies were the ones that caught my eye. I had no idea there were so many different options in that scale ;)

I only bought some supplies like beads and miniature shells, some flowersoft and flock a couple of small things that were very unique.

While I was astounded by the craftsmanship and details of some of the most exquisite pieces, I as a mother cannot even fathom some of the cost I saw others spending on items. Maybe someday...I saw a carved wooden jewelry box, BEAUTIFUL!!!..but...3100$

That was way more than the 150 for the entire show I allowed myself...*lol*

I am going to do write up about some of my favorite vendors.. but I HAVE to mention http://wrightguideminis.com/ They had a entire table worth of the most amazing and unique packaged miniatures. I highly suggest a browse at their page!

While on the Wrightguide website,be sure to click on their mini scenes,(red bar on left of web page) such as the garage and the winemaking scene. They have had several roomboxes/scenes published in Dollhouse Miniatures Magazine (probably many other magazines,too,but it's the one I subscribe to). They seem to be so very nice and I always enjoy reading articles about them!

Because of the far-off locations and lack of $,I'll never get to attend a miniatures show,but I can enjoy the experience through y'all as you report on your time there! Thanx! ^_^

Hi Jane. I like how you said you "only" spent about three hours at the show yesterday, and I am glad you had a good time. I didn't notice too many 1/144th scale objects, but maybe that was because I couldn't see them. - Ha, ha. Seriously, I admire anyone who can work with even the 1 inch scale items, so I think it is really incredible that anyone can work with something one twelfth of that size, let alone put that much crafsmanship behind such a tiny project.

Another thing I noticed was the laser-cut dollhouses. I don't know if the ones I saw were Greenleaf houses, but they looked like they could have been. To me they looked easier to build than non-laser models, but I don't know that for a fact. They almost look like pop-up books, which I loved as a kid, but I touched them, and they were very sturdy.

I agree with you about Wright Guide Miniatures. I don't know if they have an actual brick and mortor store in Michigan, but I am hoping they do because their background display was like taking a trip through America of yester-year. It was a regular piece of Americana, and their prices were reasonable. That was where I purchased my vintage games, which I believe were all replicas of toys from the past. They even had a children's smoking toy that reminded me of the candy cigarettes I used to eat as a kid but which are obsolete today.

I also agree that a lot of the prices were out of my range, but I expected that, and those items were still worth seeing. Surprisingly, most of the people I saw were paying cash for their purchases, so my impression was that they must have been saving for this event and came prepared.

I would like to read your write-up about your favorite vendors, and I thank you for allowing me to share my day.

• Like 1

This was my first show, it was amazing! I spent only about three hours walking around, as I also had a three hour drive ;(

I noticed the 1/4 scale items myself Maureen, there seems to be a decent supply of pieces for 1/4 scale there but the 144th houses, kits and supplies were the ones that caught my eye. I had no idea there were so many different options in that scale ;)

I only bought some supplies like beads and miniature shells, some flowersoft and flock a couple of small things that were very unique.

While I was astounded by the craftsmanship and details of some of the most exquisite pieces, I as a mother cannot even fathom some of the cost I saw others spending on items. Maybe someday...I saw a carved wooden jewelry box, BEAUTIFUL!!!..but...3100$

That was way more than the 150 for the entire show I allowed myself...*lol*

I am going to do write up about some of my favorite vendors.. but I HAVE to mention http://wrightguideminis.com/ They had a entire table worth of the most amazing and unique packaged miniatures. I highly suggest a browse at their page!

I loved that table! Everything was so great. I was a bit overwhelmed though there was so much to look at. ADD Overload.

• Like 1

OK I have a second to quickly write up my experience. First of all WOW! Being my first show I must say that it was amazing but very overwhelming because the place was HUGE. I almost missed 95% of the show though because I had only gone into The Terrace room. I circled it a couple times and then I was going to leave! But on my way out I saw the sign for the rooms upstairs so then I went there. I loved that harry potter greenhouse! Then I thought to myself there's got to be more. So then we went into the ballroom and an it just went on forever and ever. By the end of the day I had bought a Ravioli prep board, 2 plates of waffles dripping in syrup, and a griddle of grilled cheese from Karen Aird, a small punch needle kit, punch needle and hoop from Carol Sherry, and a laser cut flower kit. I don't remember the vendor's name but I'll post it later. I'll post some of the few pictures I took too. I also have a new appreciation for scales smaller than 1". I've always felt like the selection and detail wasn't there but the 1/4" stuff was simply amazing and my mind has definitely been changed!

I too developed a new appreciation for the smaller-scale objects as a result of this show, and I find it amazing at how many people actually work with stuff this small. The concept of a quarter inch or 1/144 inch scale fascinated me, but seeing it up close and personal is another thing.

If it weren't for my friend, I would have had a hard time finding the exhibits upstairs; although I wouldn't have left until I saw them. I too loved the Harry Potter Greenhouse, and I would love to know which exhibit took the People's Choice Award. I voted for either a half inch or quarter inch cottage (don't remember which) that I believe was in the same row as the Harry Potter Greenhouse. My friend and I were so impressed with these displays, we forgot to hand in our tickets for the door prizes.

One thing I thought I would mention was the theme of the show, which was those Old Time 45s. Since the younger people at the show most likely never came across a 45 record, I thought the theme could have been a bit more developed with juke box scenes, etc. However, this is just a thought and hardly a complaint. The people running the show did an excellent job of putting it all together.

i didnt really understand the theme of the show. not because i don't know what it means but because it was my first show. is the theme usually more prevalent? i only saw that one table in the middle of the room upstairs where it was really apparent.

I never really been to a dollhouse/miniature show where there was a theme other than the miniature theme itself, so I don't know if other miniature events stressing a particular theme are more prevelant than others. I was just expecting more in the way of music record-related scenes, although I certainly wasn't disappointed - just a bit confused as to the purpose of the theme.

Other than one door prize where a reversible minature scene was applied to a turntable, I didn't see much related to 45's, jukeboxes, malt shops, gramophones, etc., and I thought this was broad enough a theme to be worked in more. Maybe it meant more to NAME members, or it could have applied more to the workshops. In any case, the show was a great event.

• Like 1