Hello from Oregon

Buffy

Welcome to the little family, Buffy. I sort of answered your question in your other post, so I won't repeat it here. I will mention that the kit comes in two sizes, 1:12 scale and 1:24 (which is 1/2 the height, 1/2 the width and 1/2 the depth of the 1:12 version), so you'll want to take that into account when you & the kit decide how it wants to look.

Welcome to the fun,Buffy! The Buttercup is one of my very favorite Greenleaf houses and I hope to build one some day. You'll learn something new and fun here every day-I'm still sorta new and it has really been an education!! lol So glad you decided to join us! Kat

Welcome Buffy ! I've been here just a month now and have learned soooo much. You'll find lots of great ideas & helpful advice here, and as Kat said lots of fun. I look forward to seeing your gallery pictures. Happy building !! :bangin:

Buffy,I'm building a Dura-Craft Ashley-a small house somewhat similar to the Buttercup,except where yours has a vestibule-like area at the front door,the Ashley has a porch with benches on either side of the door. (Dura-Craft is out of business,but one can still find the kits-I now have 3 more,and a Greenleaf Orchid kit!) I am (slowly) attempting a pizza/pasta place for this one,but I hope the other kits will just want to be 'normal' houses,not shops or whatever...Oh,that's right,better tell you-the house will 'talk' to you and tell you what it wants to be,how to decorate it,what colors to use,etc. I didn't believe it,but hey,I'm building a pizza place when I,myself,wanted to do something totally different! You'll know when you get the kit and start to play with it! Have fun!

Welcome, Buffy~

It's always nice to see another Oregonian here. I am in the Portland area.

This is a fantastic forum. Nothing else even close to as good in miniatures. Greenleaf is the best, no question.

Do you know how you want your Buttercup to look? Are you using siding for sure? Shingles? If yes, order now so you have free shipping for all. If no or maybe, wait for the house to speak. We aren't all nuts here. These houses talk. Some are loud, some fickle, some contrary......they all have personalities of their own. Be prepared for that. And, the addiction. This hobby is addicting.

Have fun,

Morgan

• Like 1

Hi Morgan,

I grew up in Portland and now live in Clackamas. Just decided to order the kit only without siding or shingles. If I decide to use shingles and siding would it be best to get it from Greenleaf or can you get these at a hobby store? Have you found any miniature stores close to the Portland area?

How long have you been building houses?

Thanks,

Buffy