Hi everyone!

txgrl57

Just wanted to say hi! I'm new to dollhouses and miniatures, but I've always wanted one and thought I'd give the Sugarplum cottage a try. I live in NC with my wonderful husband, 2 dogs and 3 cats. We have 3 children still in NC, 1 in Boston and 1 in NY. Going thru empty nest syndrome and thought I'd fill it with hobbies!

• Like 2

Hi Vicki, and welcome! You'll find lots of kinship here, and unfailing support and encouragement (one might even call it "enabling" :lol: ) as far as this wonderful hobby we all love is concerned!

Have you gotten your kit yet? The Sugarplum is a really cute house. You can do a search on the main forum page for threads about that house and you'll want to check out the galleries.

Once you've made 5 posts you can start your own gallery so you can record your build progress. Despite what the directions say, don't use hot glue for construction; use a wood glue (I use Elmer's white glue). Plan to dry fit your house (there's a recent thread about dry fitting) and you're on your way!

Welcome to the GL family. We are a bunch of mini addicts and love to share. Hope you enjoy yourself here. Feel free to ask questions, offer ideas and best of all, post pictures. We are eye candy junkies. After you make 5 entries you can open an album.

Good luck on your build.

PS. empty nests don't always stay that way for long. I'm raising 3 grands now.

Welcome to the fun,Vicki! Not much original to add to what has been said already,except: You definitely are among friends here! Any questions you have (NONE are dumb!),venting frustrations when something isn't working for you,applauding of others' work (and you will see so many beautiful things here!),or just any input you care to share-it's all encouraged and enjoyed by your fellow dollhouse lovers here! Glad you joined us! Kat

Hi Vicki, I second what everyone else has said :) . I too am new to dolls houses and miniatures and despite a setback with my house I'm really enjoying my new found hobby and after looking around on this site I have lots of plans for my next projects.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the little family, Vicki. The Sugarplum is adorable and comes with furniture. I replaced the chipboard timbering with basswood for the bench sides and stripwood for the timbers on the second one I built. I used spackling compound for stucco for the first time on that one, too.

Hi Vicki welcome to the forums! I also have an empty nest...but now have grandkids all the time. :) I started because I thought I'd love one for my first Grand daughter LOL Now in Jan. I will have 4 Grand Daughters & I am a complete addict...and all these girls only give me an excuse to feed the addiction. :) Good luck with your build.