What is up with these bossy houses ?

Stacey6163

So I've been working on the Orchid - such a pretty little house , maybe too little. I had it all planned to just build the kit the way it should be , but Opal , who is now known as Ornery Opal , is a little witch ! Did another dry fit today and all my plans for her are no longer - she wants to be something totally different and the stairs are driving me crazy because they take up so much room , but I have to have them . So I made a spiral set and not sure "O" approves of them , and now wants an addition to boot. Silly me , I thought I was building a simple house - not. :doh:

• Like 2

Yep, they definitely have personalities. You know you are a miniaturist when you can hear your house talking or yelling at you!

(And by the way, don't get a doll for the house, they have minds of their own as well!)

• Like 1

I was so ticked off before I took it apart and put it away for awhile , well I've had my ice cream with way too much Nestlé's Quick on it , and it is coming back out and we are going to settle this once and for all ! :giggle:

• Like 3

You have my sympathies!

My Lily is whispering wicked things about cutting a large hole in the back wall of the kitchen (that connects to the front entrance hall). That room would be totally dark and inaccessible. With a nice arched hole cut out (from above kitchen counter height), it should make the entire space more light and airy and open-plan.

Sigh.

Nevermind that it's my first build, apparently my Lily insists on some bashing too!

• Like 1

I was so ticked off before I took it apart and put it away for awhile , well I've had my ice cream with way too much Nestlé's Quick on it , and it is coming back out and we are going to settle this once and for all ! :giggle:

See, chocolate makes everything all better. :banana::D

• Like 1

This is a pervasive issue with these dratted builds and apparently the only way to assuage the architects and carpenters is the Nestle Quick solution. I should have bought the warehouse size of NQ before I started my SF. It is totally clear to me now. My SF's not done b'cuz I didn't apply the NQ remedy. argh-gh-gh-gh Always a day late and a bowl of IC w/NQ short !!

• Like 1

LOL @ Stacey! :) Simple house?? I have never known one that ended up that way! I thought that I was just building a SMALL village for Christmas....maybe 5 buildings with accessories. Now I have 9 buildings and its turning into a small city! Yesterday I bought brick paving for the road!!! :bear:

Sometimes our vision runs amuck!!! :ohyeah:

• Like 3

There is definitely something in the NQ Selkie , :D , a sugar buzz for sure ! I have a Lily in the box, I'm sure she will be a real brat too Lene , I'll be checking out yours . I am in the same boat Roxy , I bought the village , and the store , and the fire station & band stand , are there any others to get ? :roflmao:

• Like 2

I know, I know, I can certainly relate! These dollhouses are like divas. They demand all the time. I have been planning my next project and I've had to change plans three times already. The kicker is that I don't even have the kit yet! Its been communicating with me via telepathy. The thing that irks me most is when I want to do something and the dollhouse won't let me! I WANT it but these hard headed dollhouses won't give up.

• Like 2

And then they want stuff you don't even have ! "O" has been banished to the dining room table out front until I can get the items she insists on having , so that gives me the perfect excuse to start on the Fairfield . We'll see how she behaves. :D

• Like 2

And then they want stuff you don't even have ! "O" has been banished to the dining room table out front until I can get the items she insists on having , so that gives me the perfect excuse to start on the Fairfield . We'll see how she behaves. :D

Oh no, this could be trouble! Two Divas vying for attention? Better stock up on Band-Aids :lol: