My Tudor House is in a magazine!

pdlnpeabody

I've known about it for months, and I got a PDF version last weekend that I was finally able to view on Tuesday, but this evening I checked my mail and there it was- the January issue of Dolls House and Miniature Scene magazine with Part I of a two part article about my Tudor house. I think Marilyn Ormson did a great job and knowing what's in store for part II, I can hardly wait for February's edition.

I was worried about it not being in larger circulation around the U.S., but they do have some subscribers in the U.S. and Canada. Maybe my dream of finding a buyer isn't lost yet.

• Like 10

Thanks!

Over 11 years ago, around the same time I started building my first house, I received a copy of Miniature Collector magazine. It was an issue featuring some of the Thomas' houses. I thought, "how cool would it be to have your work featured in a magazine?"- and now I know!

• Like 4

./`./` Congratulations to you ./`./`

./`./` Congratulations dear Jeremy ./`./`

(sung to Happy Birthday tune)

Sorry just couldn't help it. It is way cool to have this happen.

I love, love, love that house. You are such a wonderful designer and builder.

The library floor alone is worth a magazine article! I hope I can find it on a newstand; our usual source hasn't had DHMS for mini, mini months. I was sort of hoping the website would have at least a picture, but no dice.

Thanks everyone!

I was given a PDF and a special link to post on my website, but I'm still in a bit of a fog, so I haven't tried to set it up yet. They pay a small royalty for every magazine / subscription that originates from my site, so I gotta get to it soon.

Thanks Gina and Blondie!

The local Barnes & Noble here doesn't carry DH&MS magazine, but I heard Books a Million might. I'll have to make a trip over there and see if they do. As much as I like my article, I'm really amazed by the medieval room box a few pagers further in the mag. I've seen that piece in person and it is spectacular.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting the link, Holly.

The one glaring error is in regards to the bricks. I think the article implies I made them. I didn't. They're bought from Houseworks. Of course almost everyone in our GL family knows this. They've known about the house since before I even started it.

Thanks Judith!

I like the exposure I get at mini shows and its great to be part of the GL family, where everyone knows and appreciates what goes into a build. I have no idea how many subscribers DHMS has, but I know it's getting to many Europeans who don't usually make the trip to Chicago or Orlando, so it may pay off soon.

Blondie,

When I went to Books a Million last weekend, all they had were a few December issues, but after seeing my complimentary January issue, I bought one anyway. They have great articles and lots of eye candy!