2013 Spring Fling Contest Results

Mini Man

The 2013 Spring Fling Contest Results
Another Spring Fling comes to a close and again, we are amazed at the entries. Though participation was down, it seemed to make judging this years contest even harder. I decided to be on the judging panel this year which is a first, but I still had to come to an agreement with my fellow judges. I found this more difficult then expected as I fell in love with at least half a dozen different entries. It always makes my draw drop when I see how you all can take a $20 kit and make it look like a million bucks! So without further delay, I present to you the winners of the 2013 Spring Fling Contest:

First Place - Congratulations Kellyannmo!

SF2013-1st.jpg

Kelly wins a $500 Gift Certificate to the Greenleaf Company and re-names this dollhouse! That's right, I'm happy to re-introduce you to our newest dollhouses; The Bora Bora Bungalow! In addition to the loot and bragging rights, Kelly will get a laser engraved trophy house!

Second Place - Congratulations Jane S!

SF2013-2nd.jpg

Jane wins a $250 Gift Certificate to the Greenleaf Company Store and a laser engraved trophy house!

Third Place - Congratulations Mandystar!

SF2013-3rd.jpg

Sandy wins a $125 Gift Certificate to the Greenleaf Company Store and a laser engraved trophy house!

Luck of the Draw - Congratulations morgansmith!

Morgan's entry was selected at random and she wins a $50 Gift Certificate to the Greenleaf Company Store!

We truly enjoyed all 29 entries and I thank all who participated. All entries are available for viewing online in our Community Contests and Classes Gallery which you can visit here.

And a Personal Thanks to the Judges
Big thanks to my sis and nephew for working with me on this years contest!

• Like 8

The beach house and the treehouse were the first two thoughts that crossed my mind when I first saw this year's kit. Congratulations to the winners, although every entry was so good I'm amazed the judges could agree!

• Like 1

This forum is a wealth of amazing, talented people... congrats to Jane, Mandystar, Morgan and everyone who particapated. I'm just honored to play with you all.... a nicer group of people I can't even imagine.... hugs to you all

• Like 4

What wonderful choices for the top winners -- you know, you could scramble the order any which way and it would still be valid. No wonder the judges had such a hard time choosing! Congratulations, everyone. I'm off to see the rest! :clap:

Congratulations Kelly, Jane, Mandy, Morgan, and all who participated. Not only did you have to come up with an idea, you had to work on that idea and finish the project before the deadline. You all took a little inspiration, mixed in the element of time, and created a miniature masterpiece.

As a suggestion, I would like for there to be a People's Choice category, so that non-participants can also take part in the Spring Fling 2014. I must say, however, I would have a very hard time judging, and I would take some time to decide which one appealed to me the most. On the other hand, I would have a very good time looking over all the entries again and again and again.

• Like 1

I just finished looking at the entire gallery, and let me tell you, I'm blown away. Such a concentration of imagination and skill boggles the mind. That the judges could come to a decision at all is a wonder in itself. Congratulations to all of the entrants.

Edit: If I recall correctly, previous gallery photos included the blurb submitted with the photos. At first I was disappointed that they are missing this year, but then I realized that I was busy really looking at the photos and didn't need to be told what they represent. It was more satisfying to immerse in the scene than to read about it.

• Like 1

Question for Dean... Is it possible for us to know the parameters that you use to judge these entries? We're all just shooting in the dark here, and it would be very helpful to know this. Thanks in advance for your consideration!

I think the reason we are given no parameters is they don't know what they are looking for until they see it.

It's really exciting to know who won so we can see pictures. I sent mine in so last minute I was in a panic. As soon as I figure out how to transfer phone photos to my computer I will post photos that are much better. And please, everyone, post more of yours! Sandy, we need a video so we can see all of yours! :)

• Like 1