So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

Sitting here watching the snow pile up outside , with the weather report calling for a lot more - up to eighteen inches . They are starting to show cancelations on the tv . The weather looks terrible all along the East coast , sure to ruin some travel plans , glad to be staying home . So how is the big holiday storm affecting you ?

• Like 1

Kathie, I think we're in the same weather system, only no snow flurries for us. We got rained on last night and early this AM. We went out to price plywood wall sheets, fluorescent shop light fixtures, and look for rubber floor pads for our work stations in the new shop. It was 50 degrees F when we left this AM. It hit a high of 51 and the rain started back up. Tomorrow we're supposed to have storms with rain, thunder & lightning, and then clear and COLD!!! for Turkey Day. The workmen got the side walls and the right half of the back wall up on the shop. Then front door ought to come in tomorrow and work resume Friday, barring further yuck weather.

• Like 1

Grazhina, I say the same thing sometimes when it's not going to freeze and turn to ice. But the rain, in this weather will turn to ice and make the roads more dangerous. Though I won't be leaving my house for a few days. I know people who have to travel on the roads and I will worry until they are safely in their homes as will their families. But Yes, please, give me rain in warmer weather, ANY DAY! I hate shoveling! If my family wasn't all here in this state, I would probably move south just to avoid that cold, wet, heavy, white stuff! On the other hand, the snow gives me an excuse to stay home and stay inside to work on my crafts/dollhouses! So, maybe there is a positive side to it (LOL).

It is cold and a light snow is falling here. They say it is supposed to turn to rain overnight. I worry about and feel bad for the road crews who will have to not only be out in this, but who will be working double and triple shifts and have a chance they'll miss their holiday with their families. God keep them safe! They give up much for us and we sometimes forget. On this Thanksgiving, I will remember to be thankful for the road crews and their families who give up so much for all the rest of us.

I hope everyone and their families remain safe and healthy and have a great Thanksgiving. Stay warm everyone.

• Like 2

The people I pray extra for are the utility crews who are out restoring power when the weather brings down lines and poles. We lost one a couple of years before we moved, and it has stayed with me.

You are so right. Most of us can choose to stay in. They are out working, often in dangerous conditions, because we all 'need' our utilities. I wonder what people did when it snowed 150 years ago? holly, I have a feeling that if you had a long power outage you'd have every base covered and turn it into a party.

I live near Mt. Hood, in Oregon. It is COLD. But, no comparison to Barbara. Wow. That is crazy cold. I'd be for having a wood stove, tons of wood, a major craft stash and I would just stay home. You are a brave woman, Barbara.

• Like 1

The weatherman here is predicting lake effect snow arcing up the end of Lake Michigan. We're far enough inland the worst should miss us, but the I-94 corridor is going to be bad to Chicago. Travel safe! We were powerless for 4 days last week and it was so windy we worried about the linemen, too.

• Like 1

...I have a feeling that if you had a long power outage you'd have every base covered and turn it into a party...

When we had the storm where we lost a lineman everyone in our neighborhood had a different schedule for running their generators; so there was always the sound of a generator starting up or running. Once the power was back on it seemed deathly quiet.

It's dismal and gray again this AM. I think I'll take some butter out to soften, see if I can find my cayenne pepper, and try out the new gingerbread house clay cookie mold I found in one of our thrift stores the other day.

• Like 2

I never like to travel on holidays period, winter or summer. People get extra crazy during those times. I hate go to into town today and I dread it. My road has 12 inches of snow and ice on it from here to the county road its one wrong move and you are in the arroyo ( canyon). Wish me luck!

• Like 1

Be safe,Roxy, and everyone travelling!!! I flew to San Diego to spend Thanksgiving with my then boyfriend about a dozen years ago;flew back the Sunday after,the busiest flight day of the year-Yikes,but I survived it!!! Never,never,never again!

• Like 1

Be Safe, Roxy. I don't like to go into town at any time and avoid doing so as much as I can.

You are right, Holly, the utility crews need our prayers as well. They and the road crews are out there, giving up their time, in bad conditions to keep us safe, cozy, and warm (in many situations). May God be with them and keep them safe.

It is around 40 degrees here right now with a light rain which is turning the snow from last night into slush. The driveway is 2-3 inches of slush. I am Thanking God I don't have to go out today and praying everyone gets home safe.

Stay safe everyone.

Thanks Kat.....I will be ok as long as I stay ON the road! lol Its only one car wide and slippery as butter! I don't think even a 4-wheel drive would do any better on it. We are staying home tomorrow. Football and dinner the order of the day.

You know the weather is bad when I pass up a trip to Erie - Michael's , A.C. Moore and Hobby Lobby are there - but John had a doctors appointment and wouldn't reschedule, so he went by himself , stubborn man ! We have a good foot of snow on the ground and it's still coming down . Stay safe and warm everyone !!

• Like 1