So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

The wind has died down today and all is calm in my world again. The winds can get pretty wicked out here in the middle of nowhere but since my backyard jingles so much, I don't mind it nearly as much as I used to. (my neighbors' yards all jingle in the wind too so I'm not disturbing anyone). It's cooler today....61 right now but there's not a cloud in the sky.

Deb

Gorgeous and finally springlike! No jackets! We took in the camper to the shop and checked out the local hardware store. The outlet next door had all their old Ace hardware sample paint bottles on sale for $1 and the sales lady was playing with mixing colors in larger containers of paint. I got a quart of black for the pub roof. Next door at the hardware store I got a new utility knife, tub of spackle and bottle pf Probond.

• 2 weeks later...

It was raining and quite windy all day yesterday, and this morning there is about 3/4 inch of snow/sleet on the ground. The temperature is also below freezing! I have seen winter weather this late in the year before, but not too many times. All my daffodils are drooping low, hiding their faces till the sun warms them up :lol:

• Like 1

It is the Holy Thursday...I have the windows closed, the portable heater on, and I am wearing a sweater for warmth. This is not natural.

I recall driving from near Chicago to northern Wisconsin one Easter weekend with a bag of kitty litter in the car to provide traction on ice covered hills. Had to use it on a hill near Endeavor. No Easter bonnets in sight that year -- ski caps were the fashion of the day. Spring is such a fickle season!

20 degrees today over here, what is unusually warm for this time of year, like a reasonable summers day (not too warm).

In my garden have already been flowers on trees and bushes for weeks; usually that still takes a month.

It was 99 on Monday and that was still a nice day but I'm ready to put the misting system up on the patio because sooner or later it's gonna get hot.

• Like 1

Another freeze warning tonight. I had to drag all the plants back inside. This is not normal for my neck of the woods. I can remember having to bring the houseplants inside in late April. Once I put them out after Easter, they stayed out...unless we have a tropical storm. The trees are just starting to bud now too. Jeez Louise.

So my garden is barely growing. It will eventually though.

north of I 70? We just have wind down here.

Along I-70. We ran head into it coming back to Marshall from Columbia around noon. Been raining like the dickens here all afternoon.

Cold, cloudy with rain! I just had to bump up the thermostat to 68. I hope tomorrow is better, as I'll be doing a make and take at Dawn's store. It's the Faerie and Herb Fest at Grand Pacific Junction, and I'll be overseeing the faerie garden in a thimble class.