So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

We have had one of those gorgeous day with blue sky, sun showing itself from its best side. Started the day with the usual clearing up chores and then ventured outside for some yard work, lost track of time so to speak and came in for a quick drink of water almost three hours later... Late lunch today ;) then hubby and I went to hunt for new patio furniture as we got rid of the others last fall. We did findehat we wanted after a few stops so hopefully we'll have those in place by next Friday. Now relaxing after a nice BBQ dinner...

Hugs

• Like 1

It is raining heavily in central New Jersey, and according to an online river report, the Raritan River is 27.64 feet and is expected to rise to 32.6 feet before receding tomorrow afternoon. The flood level is 28 feet, so I expect some roads in my area will be closed.

Maureen, I think y'all are getting slammed with vestiges of the system we just had; it was headed towards the east coast. Hopefully over land it will lose at least some of that tornadic energy. It's still overcast here, but we have to run errands to the west of us, so hopefully at least the main roads will be open.

I rather suspect Lloyd would be just as happy to stay in NOLA year 'round...

No, he likes our house in Missouri. Here he has much more space for his creative endeavors and he'd be sad if he couldn't keep watch over "his" squirrel population! Also, the VA medical center here is worlds better than the one in NOLA. He feels reassured to have his annual checkups done here. One day we'll end up in NOLA, I'm sure, but not for a good while.

It snowed last night......May 1st! The big mountains are covered in white again. Saturday its suppose to be back in the 70's........wacky weather here!!!
I hope everyone is ok with all these wild spring storms.

• Like 1

We had cloudy nasty looking stuff yesterday and the day before, and we were under flash flood watches from those storms, but other than a few sprinkles nothing happened. Today it's back to the beautiful carolina blue skies and I think we're supposed to top out around 80 degrees.....

I'm in NY along the Hudson River for my son's wedding on Sat. The rain stopped this morning and the sun is starting to peek out. We are staying at a lovely hotel (Tarrytown House Estate) along the river and I am enjoying the views towards the west overlooking the river and the mountains. Yesterday was 46, today mid 70s. I sent my husband, son #2 and family friend into Manhatten while I wait for my Father and wicked step mother to arrive from MD via Amtrak. He is a retired airline pilot and now refuses to fly commercially. More guest arriving from England, Dallas and Las Vegas tomorrow. I am hosting the Rehersal Dinner tomorrow night. Wish me luck!

I'm in NY along the Hudson River for my son's wedding on Sat. The rain stopped this morning and the sun is starting to peek out. We are staying at a lovely hotel (Tarrytown House Estate) along the river and I am enjoying the views towards the west overlooking the river and the mountains.

I just looked up where you are staying. It is just lovely. What a relaxing and elegant place that is. Are you having the wedding on site? It looks like a gorgeous spot to have one. I'm sure you will have a wonderful stay as well as your son and his lovely bride. Good luck.

The sun finally came out this afternoon, although it was still cool all day. Three yards between us and US90 have pumps going to try to get the water out of their yards. The lake between our back door and the workshop was down to two puddles before 0700 yesterday and now I know where all the water flowed.

It's been unseasonably hot the last three days - I'm not sure if we set any records or not. Tomorrow it's supposed to drop 30° and rain. Monday we're supposed to have thunderstorms. Figures. The day I have to go shopping and I'd rather be home watching a good thunderstorm.

*sigh* It's overcast again this AM, but I think we're headed out for groceries (staples we'll run out of before Monday) after breakfast notwithstanding. I hope the sun is smiling on the rest of y'all, wherever you may be.

Roxy, did you say snow? In New Mexico? Could it be the high altitude?

After two and a half days of cold and constant rain, as much as 5 inches an hour in some place in central New Jersey, we had a very nice day yesterday, with temperatures in the 70s. Today looks good as well, but it has been a cold spring so far. Still, it is a welcomed spring after the winter we had.