So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

Oh, Anna, I hope your husband is a good strong winter rider and will be careful and safe out there on his bike!

He is an avid mountainbiker used to trekking narrow trails up and down in forest areas in out surroundings, whatcould worry me would be other peole around him in cars if it is slippery so to speak but today he went for the smaller roads/dirt roads not so heavily trafficed,or rather most probably no traffic....

I went out for a walk earlier and so far it looks like we've got around 4-5 inches and right now it is snowing rather intense.

Hugs

Second day of extreme cold warning. You know it's cold when I zap the heat in the house up to 24 C.....

I was out last night at a friend's house (monthly dinner and movie night). She lives 2 blocks away and I just can't justify driving 2 blocks. So out came the ski pants and down filled parka and Sorel boots!

Brrrr Barbara, sounds pretty chilly to say the least!

It is not snowing asmuch right now so jhbby and I went out and shoveled the driveway as to not to have so much in the morning. We had fun, even a snow ball here and there :whistle:

Now just hanging out under a blanket doing nothing much...

Hugs

On my blustery river road, it was  -20F when I got up this morning. The newscasters must measure the temps just outside their cozy office windows or something. It was wa-a-a-a-ay colder here than what they said it was. By breakfast time it had warmed up to minus 18!!

Still raining here in the "Great Northwet".  Supposed to get 1.5 FEET of rain in the Olympic Mountains in the next couple days. And another small town is struggling with landslides and flooding. 

But at our location it's just steady rain, which at least doesn't have to be shoveled, and is easy enough to drive in. We've had a very mild winter this year, and the ski resorts are struggling. 

It finally got up into the 50s today so I could shed the coat and run around in my sweater.  Tonight is supposed to be our last night in the low 30 for a while, supposed to hit high 60s Sunday, so probably rain.

Yesterday, we borrowed the handicapped beach access chair for a visiting friend and took her down to the beach. It was in the low 70's and very windy but she was grateful to be away from the Long Island cold, ice and snow. Too bad we didn't do it today as the wind has stopped and it is a beautiful day.

The snow is 2 feet deep on my back porch. We're supposed to accumulate about another foot of the white stuff throughout this week. It was about 5 degrees in the neighboring town where I went to buy some basswood sheets. It's a few degrees warmer at my house because we're closer to the ocean. It's about 10 now.

• Like 1

I almost hate to say that in addition to bright blue skies and what our Mobile meteorologist calls "buttery sunshine" temp got into the low 70s today.  Of course, we'll likely get rain all day tomorrow...

Once again we attempted to see a space launch at Cape Canaveral from our beach in Florida. The skies are perfectly clear and the weather just required a sweater. Too bad the launch was scrubbed! It's now set for tomorrow night. I sure hope the weather will be as perfect as it was today.

Nothin' but wet, sloppy and gray for us here in the Cascades this winter - usually by now we have several feet of snow, but only a couple of inches so far.  I'm wondering when my entire town was transported (while we all slept, no doubt) to the Seattle area?  Still, at least it hasn't been cold!  What some of the rest of the country has been going through makes me feel darn lucky!

Don't throw snowballs at me, but yesterday it got up to 87 here and the low was in the high 50s.  Looks like we're going to do it again today with all the gorgeous lemony sunshine spilling in thru the windows.  After all the years of bitter cold and blizzards, I'm still savoring every minute of warmth and I'll send thoughts of bright sunshine to all of you in colder climates.  Stay safe!!!!  

At last night's Blue Monday jazz event we had snowbirds from northern Minnesota and Maine visiting with us!  So far today the heat is on, I sadly fear we are done with our gorgeous yesterday's weather for a while *sigh*

Warm and sunny!   Totally unreal for February!  

To everyone in the northeast being buried..........spring is coming..........one of these days.....hang in there! 

My sister lives near Boston,  she is buried.  We were joking a lot about it but its serious now.  I hope everyone stays safe!