So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

Every decision I made on my drive home from Vero was a mistake. There was a line of rain between me and home which was dropping 5 to 7 inches. I initially decided not to take the Turnpike or I-95 since the traffic was crawling for 50 miles. So instead I started off on US 1. That was a Huge mistake. Port St Lucie was completely under water, so I backtracked and made it to the the crawling highway through the downpour. But at least the Turnpike has good drainage. Four hours later, normally a two hour trip, I made it home and was crabby the rest of the day. Now the sun is out and my sunny disposition is too. My husband was volunteering at the Honda Classic yesterday and the flooding was so incredibly bad. He had to walk into two feet of water to get to his car. Cars were stuck in mud and people had to wait hours for a tow. What a mess!

So this is today's weather;

Morning hours frosted car windows, luckily it thawed away until we had to leave

Glorious blue sky and sun until around lunchtime, then a round of dark blue-black clouds made their way in turning into hail pouring/smattering down, this then turned into cold rain that in turn went over to snowing mitten sized snow flakes....

When driving home it mostly rained though and the temps are around freezing point so this will be interesting to see if we have ice sclptured cars in the morning...

Hugs

• Like 1

So this is today's weather;

Morning hours frosted car windows, luckily it thawed away until we had to leave

Glorious blue sky and sun until around lunchtime, then a round of dark blue-black clouds made their way in turning into hail pouring/smattering down, this then turned into cold rain that in turn went over to snowing mitten sized snow flakes....

When driving home it mostly rained though and the temps are around freezing point so this will be interesting to see if we have ice sclptured cars in the morning...

Hugs

Oh, and now,looking outside it is a heavy fog, sheesh, what else in the weather categories can we get? Apart from thunder and lightning.... Soooo looking forward to some Fuertaventurian weather next week!!!

Hugs

• Like 1

After my complaint about the sun hiding behind a cloud it came out and has been playing peek-a-boo today.  We put a jalapeno plant in one of our big pots on the back porch, and an heirloom tomato in the other; we're going to need a tomato tower by this weekend, both these rascals really like their new homes.

This morning, I woke up to a extreme windchill warning of -40. Now, at -40, it no longer matters if I am posting in C or F...it is all the same. Yet they are predicting +1 by Saturday. Which reminds me of Rick Mercer. Google "Rick Mercer Report: Seven Day Forecast"

Today started with frozen car windows but has turned into a lovley sprin-feel day, I have friends who are sharing their garden pics of snow frops infull bloom now. Not where I live though but I can indeed spot the tiniest hint of green bud-ears if I look really hard...

Hugs

19 degrees here. we got a little less than an inch of snow last night. Roads are icy but they did salt. Tomorrows temps are  supposed to be lower. then its supposed to start getting warmer. March has come in like a lion and hopefully will go out like a lamb. Today is Our 21st Anniversary, we were talking about the day we got married this morning... it was beautiful out... a little chilly but its was sunny. My wedding gown was satin and had lace arms... I don't remember being cold at all.

• Like 2

Today is kind of a heat wave for us considering the temps we have had lately...sunny and 30 degrees. 

I  broke down and bought a new pair of boots for this winter that stated they were good for temperatures down to -11 degrees but I didn't realize I was actually going to have the opportunity to test that claim out.  I must say, the boots kept my feet pretty warm and it was actually -12 degrees out and I was walking around in snow up to my knees.  My knees, however, were a little chilly.

My husband bought tickets to see West Side Story in Vero tomorrow afternoon. It's raining and 75 in Ft Lauderdale today so rather than drive the 100 miles today, we are waiting til it clears up tomorrow. Frankly, I'd rather stay home and finish my project for next week, but I really could use a break.