So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

We are still cold. The warm weather is not supposed to come back until the end of last week. Some of my more foolish neighbours had already put in annuals.....and since Thursday our lows have been around -1 or -2 every night. So lots of old towels and sheets are being draped over flowers!

• 1 month later...

This is absolutely the wettest desert I have ever seen!   We have had sooooooo much rain its ridiculous!   My succulents and cactus are rotting!    Plus,  we have a huge leak somewhere and every time it rains we are flooded in the house.   I just finished mopping up for the 3rd time in a week.  Crazy!   :rain:

Went to a minor league baseball game last night with my dad. Started off feeling hot, but the clouds came on and air temp dropped to 77, so it was pleasant enough. Hickory crawdads vs. Savannah sand gnats (south atlantic league). Very exciting game-one team would pull ahead, then the other would match them. But Savannah had a great 8th inning, with 3 runs scored, and Hickory lost by two, final score 8-6. After the game there was a nice 10 minute fireworks show. That's the Friday night promo for Hickory home games. Lots of fun!

Haven't said anything on this thread for a while, as day after day after day of beautiful weather gets boring  :carrot:

Yesterday, I was driving from the city (I had been there for a College Council meeting) and I drove into a t-storm. A bad one. I got caught...with about 20 other drivers, in a mini microburst. We were all pulled over onto the shoulder with our 4 ways going, as between the wind, hydroplaning and horizontal rain  it was both impossible to see and impossible to control the vehicles. Scary. It let up a bit, and I crept along at about 40 kms per hour until I finally was clear of it.

Roxxie, sounds likes its time for a blue roof.

Sable

I don't think that kind of roof would work with an adobe house!   Our house has a flat roof, its real adobe.  We don't have gutters like most places.  We have "canalies" which drain the water.  It is highly unusual for us to have this much rain.   I was talking with a neighbor this morning who has lived here for 40 years and he says he has never seen this much. 

One nice thing,  northern New Mexico is so green its beautiful! :)

So much rain we are thinking of building an ark.

Our yard has turned into swamp land but no major flooding in our little town yet. Many other towns around us are starting the sandbag routine as the rivers fill to capacity.

It makes for hot and sticky air in between showers so I hide in the house with my air conditioning. I can't tolerate the heat any more.

More time for minis!

Summer in Atlanta: Hazy, Hot, and Humid...

Actually, haven't had too much of that yet so far. But this week is the first week of 95+ temps all week. And last night my husband and I realized we were both having breathing issues. Found out this morning it was the first "bad air day" of the season. Yay.

We're in full summer mode now with highs between 115-118 and it seldom dips below 90 except for a couple of hours around dawn.  We have a chance of a cloud late next week.  It's not as bad as it sounds since our humidity is only around 10% and there's usually a breeze.  As long as the a/c works, that's all that matters.  I roll with the insomnia this time of year and do any needed yard work between 4 and 6am before it gets over 90.  Even the lizards observe siesta this time of year.  

Some kind of tenacious upper respiratory nonsense has kept me inside for the past week or so, which is just fine with me, as we're on a run of 90+F with intermittent --yet non-cooling-- showers.

We've had showers, glorious sunshine, cloudy and some more sunshine during the day and we are now listetning to thunder rumbling n the distance....

Hugs