So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

I've been living in Colorado for over 40 years and this is the strangest weather year I've ever seen. Here we are in late July and you'd never know it by the weather. Should be steady upper 80's/lower 90's but instead it bounces up and down and all over the place. Can you say, "Man Made Climate Change"?!

• Like 1

In spite of a few clouds passing overhead it has been lovely & clear (and billybedamned HOT) all dy.  I spent an hour or so this AM picking blueberries and after lunch I repaired the skylight cover in the Littler House on the Highway.

Still freakin hot here, and had storms yesterday, which nicely knocked out my power for 3 1/2 hours. Was not thrilled about that, since I had plans to clean my shop and play with paperclay....

• Like 1

We've been hearing thunder rumbling from afar and all of a sudden the heaven opened up and rhe rain is literally pouring down and now we have a wonderful light-show as well... Outside the road looks like a small river with waves going down it...

Hugs

tonight we've got the worst storm since people kept records of the weather, 19....something, 1902 I believe.

some airplanes did not land or leave, trains in certain parts of the country did not depart, highways were closed, trees fying around the place.

glad it is over now, at least where I live.

We went over to Mobile yesterday after lunch to attend their jazz society's monthly jambalaya and jazz evening.  While driving around Mobile looking for thrift stores beforehand the heat and traffic nearly overwhelmed my little old PT's cooling system.

• Like 1

I'll take some of your rain, Holly. 94 F here with heat index of 109. Guess who's not going outside very often. Don't even have inclination to tend to dying porch plants. Forecast hi temps in 90s through Aug 12, which as as far as the long range guessing goes.

It had been boiling hot here, and then late Sunday and Monday night we had severe storms roll through the province. I was at the family cottage in Winnipeg Beach and Sunday we sure got the light show! Mom's kittens were not impressed.

Monday night, we got a 3 hour tornado touch down in the south west part of the province. It varied from multi vortex to being a mile wide, but luckily for residents in that part of MB it stuck to fields. No loss of life or injury and only out buildings damaged on some farms.

It's cooler now, as a cold front was behind the storms