So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

11 hours ago, Roxxie2 said:

Sunny and warm....had a nice brunch in town sitting outside.   I will take it! 

We attended our favorite jazz brunch at Pensacola's Seville Quarter; we sat inside to be close to the stage.  This time our friend Kathy's accompanist was another friend, Cynthia, who is a high school music teacher as well as a professional performer. 

The huge double doors were open to the patio, though, so we still enjoyed the gorgeous day.

59 minutes ago, Summersethomes said:

...it's this lovely Ohio weather!

I still get depressed when we get more than two successive days of overcast & gloom, and we left OH nearly 40 years ago!

We shared Holly's gorgeous day yesterday and took advantage of it to go to the Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival. Cousin Gloria bought a charming birdhouse made of recycled architectural materials, Lloyd found another turtle for his collection in one of the antique shops, we enjoyed chocolate dipped strawberries, and  had supper at Middendorf's Seafood Restaurant on the way home. A perfectly fine day. Rain in the forecast for today. looking gray & cloudy already this morning.

Rain and T-storms today. Thunder booming, dark outside, and a real frog-strangler rain pouring down hard. Cold and damp. Brrrrrr. My hand automatically pulled comfort clothes out of the closet -- sweat pants and long-sleeved t-shirt.  If we had any milk, I'd be making hot chocolate.

Yuck!  We have gloom & steady rain off & on here (not goat-soaking yet) and I have made cookies already & am about to succumb to my poor sinuses and go lie down in the dark under my quilted poncho liner.

Today we woke up to below freezing, ie frosted Grass and cars, then it went to a fabulous blue sky and sun, over to hail-snow, more blue skils turning into steel blue-blackish clouds then there it was snowing....

large.image.jpg.2616b8afb53222641e21c373

17 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

I wish I could send you some of our sunshine!  The magnolia trees are blooming fit to bust.

Envious! We have a hint of flowers on the forsythia though, a Hint...

hugs

16 hours ago, blueirishmoon said:

I'd trade you my upcoming week of warmth for your weather, Anna! Highs are supposed to hit the 80s here in NC. Ick! Think I'll avoid that and hit the movie theater this week.

I could trade some of the chilliness for sure!

hugs

Brrrr, cold here! Average is low of 43°F to high of 55°F normally. It is currently about 45°F at 2 in the afternoon, low of 29 forecast! Thats local weather, not UK wide. Have had snow on and off all day between blue sky and sunshine. Nothing lying, but very cold wind. It feels so wrong! 

The low to mid-80s are fine for me, too, Holly. This morning I planted herbs for the baker's rack "garden" on our back patio (if you can call a slab of concrete big enough for the baker's rack, a couple tubs of tomato plants*, a chair and a skinny table a patio). Very pleasant, 

*One Better Boy, one Créole tomato.

On 26 april 2016 20:48:35, havanaholly said:

Anna, April showers bring May flowers...

Then with all this rain I am sooo going to need to double up the allergy meds in May... :rolleyes: and look forward to flowers allllll over

hugs