So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

Stay safe, dear heart.  We have green skies, lots of rain, but no wind to speak of.  We do till have a murderer running around with his female accomplice...  Remind me when I see you Thursday to tell you an interesting coincidence.

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Stay safe, dear heart.  We have green skies, lots of rain, but no wind to speak of.  We do till have a murderer running around with his female accomplice...  Remind me when I see you Thursday to tell you an interesting coincidence.

I doubt if I'll be reminding anybody about anything on Thursday, but now I'm curious.

I just hear the murderer is dead and his accomplice is in custody. Rest easy.

On 2/5/2017, 3:14:58, rodentraiser said:

Jeez Louise, we may actually get some serious snow tonight. We've only had snow predicted about 5684 times already this winter and out of all that, I think we've gotten maybe an inch. Woowoo.

But they have a winter storm warning up right now. Of course, snow totals are all over the place. Anything from 1' to 6" and it's always a crap shoot as to where it'll fall. Anyway, I won't hold my breath. I'll probably be in a nursing home before I ever see a flake of snow.

So did you get much in your area?  We got a couple inches, but it was mostly gone the next day. Still a little bit hanging around the edges. But quite a bit of western WA got some serious snow yesterday.

I'd say we got a good 3" in downtown Bremerton. And it hung on and on. Yesterday it was snowing when I woke up and it snowed steady until about 12:30 in the afternoon before it changed to rain. The seagulls were going crazy and the crows couldn't find any snow-free wires to perch on.

Yeah, our snow is all gone from the streets today except for the sidewalks and parking spots. That's just frozen ice right now.

Did you see the totals from places like Graham and Puyallup? I think they got something like 8" or 9". This time Seabeck only got 2.5" and they usually get hammered the most. Port Orchard got over 5".

3 hours ago, KathieB said:

Dodging tornadoes in New Orleans today. My area, on the West Bank, is fine, but there was serious damage in the East, a well-populated area. Tornado traveled 2 miles on the ground. Injuries, some serious. No deaths reported.

I saw where you guys were getting all that nasty weather. Stay safe, Kathie!

2 hours ago, KathieB said:

I doubt if I'll be reminding anybody about anything on Thursday, but now I'm curious.

I just hear the murderer is dead and his accomplice is in custody. Rest easy.

That's OK, I have sent you a PM.  And we saw the special report on the news.  The lady they shot yesterday AM (with her 2 year old in the house) to steal her car is in critical condition.

We are having just crazy weather!   Its been in the mid 60's for the past couple of days heading toward 70 tomorrow!  That's just crazy for the beginning of February in Northern New Mexico at 7000 ft!!!     4 year ago at this date it was 18 below zero!!!!   

I hope everyone is safe from the storms that have been running through the rest of the country!!!   Our turn will come..........

Today we've seen rain and sun. I guess yesterday we had rain and snow (which I missed - grrrrr). However, I did get a chance to drive around a little and I'm amazed at all the snow there still is. Around here downtown, it's off the pavements, but when you start driving around neighborhoods with yards, there's still a ton of snow. I went into the Dollar Store last night and from the looks of things, they had to shovel their parking lot. It's definitely winter here.

Over here it is white outside, apprx 3-4 incheckning snow and below freezing with some wind to that, we might get a bit more white stuff over the weekend so I am camping out indoors! It was below freezing yesterday too and it was like it rained mist on top of that so it is like an ice rink outside on the stairs and walk ways so yep, Will be staying inside!!!

Warm!!!   Crazy weather for the Rocky Mountains in February!   It ain't going to last!  
We went to the Pueblo Indian Reservation today ( where Ray works)  and visited the buffalo!   You have to have special permission and the care taker's guidance to even find them.  I wasn't allowed to take photos but what large shaggy beautiful creatures they are!    I got to pat one on his big furry head.   Just a lovely experience! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Roxxie2 said:

Warm!!!   Crazy weather for the Rocky Mountains in February!   It ain't going to last!  
We went to the Pueblo Indian Reservation today ( where Ray works)  and visited the buffalo!   You have to have special permission and the care taker's guidance to even find them.  I wasn't allowed to take photos but what large shaggy beautiful creatures they are!    I got to pat one on his big furry head.   Just a lovely experience! 

How fun!

Well, after my ski  :skiing: vacation in Beaver Creek where the high was a balmy - 11 celcius in the first week. Now I'm back home to a heatwave of historic proportions... (The local paper's front page headline was "Welcome to hell on Earth" :eek: )

It's currently 42 celcius and about 1000 percent humidity.... for the Americans that is 107.6 lovely degrees farenheit.:furious:

Oh My Goodness Sam!!!   That is extreme!   I live in New Mexico which is in the southwest part of the US and it gets pretty hot here too in summer.   I fortunately live in the northern most part of the state at 7000 ft plus so it doesn't get that  hot in summer in the day and cools down rapidly at night.   We did have it up to 100 last year though and we don't have air conditioning so it was a bit uncomfortable.   Stay cool as you can!  

2 hours ago, Roxxie2 said:

Oh My Goodness Sam!!!   That is extreme!   I live in New Mexico which is in the southwest part of the US and it gets pretty hot here too in summer.   I fortunately live in the northern most part of the state at 7000 ft plus so it doesn't get that  hot in summer in the day and cools down rapidly at night.   We did have it up to 100 last year though and we don't have air conditioning so it was a bit uncomfortable.   Stay cool as you can!  

Yes it is extreme... I'm hibernating in one of the two rooms that has air-conditioning in my house... (neither of which is my craft room.:cry:). 7000 feet is the place to be :D I love the high desert of Utah, I assume (probably shouldn't) that New Mexico at high elevations is high desert as well?? I've heard there is skiing in Taos.... I'll have to put that on my bucket list.

You know I grew up here when no one had air conditioning in their houses and the heat never seemed to bother me.. but the summers just keep getting hotter and hotter, we are breaking temperature records everywhere... I guess in Australia we are on the front line of Global Warming! :ermm:

8 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Sam, that's like our summers here in the SE US (except for the humidity; when ours approaches 100% it's usually pouring down rain).

Holly, when we have this kind of heat normally, we have thunderstorms every afternoon (sometimes with hail.. more hail in recent years) but with this wave we are getting no relief... just hot, hot, hot! My lawn is a crunchy brown mess... :ermm:

4 hours ago, Samusa said:

I love the high desert of Utah, I assume (probably shouldn't) that New Mexico at high elevations is high desert as well??

Yes Samantha, this is most definitely high desert.   Miles and miles of sagebrush and no trees!!!   Very very dry arid windy country.  Wide open and so beautiful though.  
I agree, anyone who doubts global warming should live where you live or in the desert.  It just gets hotter and hotter every year.   Plus we have fires every summer so add smoke to the heat and its not nice.   We don't have lawns!  

35 minutes ago, Roxxie2 said:

Yes Samantha, this is most definitely high desert.   Miles and miles of sagebrush and no trees!!!   Very very dry arid windy country.  Wide open and so beautiful though.  
I agree, anyone who doubts global warming should live where you live or in the desert.  It just gets hotter and hotter every year.   Plus we have fires every summer so add smoke to the heat and its not nice.   We don't have lawns!  

I'm sure it is beautiful... We have the same problem with fires.. we are on extreme fire alert at the moment.. not so much where I live because I'm in the suburbs but in the more rural areas it's a very dangerous time of year.

On a lighter note I tried to throw the ball for my dog Cubbie, in the backyard this morning (his favourite game ever!)..... He collected it once then trotted inside, ball in mouth and plopped down in front of the air-conditioner.... Now you KNOW it's hot when Cubbie doesn't want to play ball! :rofl:

Oh dear!   At least you have air conditioning!   After last summer here I am ready to get one!   We live in an adobe house which is suitable for this type of climate.   At night we open the house and let the cool mountain air in and then in the day time we close it up and it stays relatively cool.  This works for a while but when we had an extended period of heat it was just plain hot!    My big old dog hates the heat, he just melts.  I was soaking him with the hose to cool him off!    Maybe this thought will cool you.  This evening before sunset it was snowing up on the high peaks!  :cold:

We didn't get our rains this past summer, and by the first of the year were in severe drought.  Fortunately the rains came (along with storms; we still haven't heard back from the son's insurance adjustor whether his duple unit will be repairable or not) at long last.

• Like 1

We are back to March temps, after Jan temps last week. The ice on the sidewalks and parking lots is INSANE. However, things could be worse...the Maritimes are being hit by a huge storm, 70 cms of snow...and freezing rain and more snow is going to hit them later this week.

We're still waiting for winter here (Denver, NC) which will prolly come around spring time. We did have that one cold blast in January where I got 9-10 inches of snow and 9 degrees, but since then we've been on the rollercoaster, up and down....

We're back to typical northern New Mexico weather.   Cold at night and sunny and reasonable ( 37) in the day.  I will take it!   The sun makes it feel more like 70 out up here in the altitude (7000 ft).     Linda snow in North Carolina???   Brrrrr!

• Like 1