So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

1 hour ago, Roxxie2 said:

Linda snow in North Carolina???   Brrrrr!

Yes, we do get snow in North Carolina! Sometimes we get a fair amount and it snows several times, sometimes we may get a sprinkling just once. So far only 1 snow this year, but I believe the mountains have had it way more than that. I'm about 50 miles outside of Charlotte, heading northwest.

It's the Louis Riel long weekend here. Sat we were up to +7, so everything turned to slush (causing a snowmoble derby to be cancelled). It went down to -4 overnight, causing everything to freeze hard. It went up to 1, and we had rain on and off all day. My parking lot is now a rather bumpy skating rink. It's actually quite dangerous to get to the car. today it's +2 and the sun is desperately trying to shine. This is nuts for Feb in MB. It's also Festival du Voyageur in Winnipeg, and events have had to be cancelled (not to mention what has happened to the snow and ice sculptures)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/festival-du-voyageur-falls-1.3990504

• 2 weeks later...

Blizzard conditions are now here. We had freezing rain all morning and into the early afternoon, before it changed over into light snow. The snow is now quite heavy. The TransCanada is closed, and other highways are poor driving. Glad I am snugged in.

We're supposed to have snow here tonight and tomorrow and maybe next week sometime. It's going to be hit or miss, so I doubt we'll see any in the city. Although last week we had a snow shower in the middle of the day. It fell for almost half an hour out of the blue until everything was white (a lot of it was hail, too). But it didn't last long. And it's official. Seattle has had more snow this year than Minneapolis and if I'm not mistaken, Chicago, too.

At Lisa's on Sunday, we saw rain, hail, and huge soap flakes falling, all in about 15 minutes. And I drove home to sunshine later that afternoon. I talked to my mom this morning and there's no snow on the ground there where she lives north of St. Paul. Weather is crazy all over.

woke up this AM to the sounds of a tow truck rescuing my neighbour....who was stranded in our parking lot. I notice his SUV is back in it's parking spot, so I assume he gave up his attempt to go to work. All the highways are closed, schools are closed (even for staff!!) and most small businesses are closed. It's pretty bad, I live in a 2 story townhouse and there is snow that was blown up and packed into the 2nd floor windows.

3 hours ago, me-barbie said:

woke up this AM to the sounds of a tow truck rescuing my neighbour....who was stranded in our parking lot. I notice his SUV is back in it's parking spot, so I assume he gave up his attempt to go to work. All the highways are closed, schools are closed (even for staff!!) and most small businesses are closed. It's pretty bad, I live in a 2 story townhouse and there is snow that was blown up and packed into the 2nd floor windows.

Post pictures if you can. I haven't seen snow in years. Hard to imagine a blizzard. When I lived in Rochester, NY it was rare that schools and roads would close even in a bad storm. But when they did it was because it was really bad. Stay safe and warm.

6 minutes ago, me-barbie said:

I did try to post a before and after, but the photos on my phone are too large and I don't know how to resize them

:dunno:

If you have an iPhone you can email the photos to yourself and the phone will ask you what size you want to send. Send in the 500kb range. 

Ah yes- another crazy "winter" weather week here in SE PA!  Yesterday was really rather nice: blue skies and warm.  Made me wanna go play in my flower beds. 

Today it has been snowing all morning! :dunno:  Well, it is beautiful....and the ground is too warm for it to stick around for very long, so the roads aren't bad.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring!?

Well, the East Coast survived the March snowstorm yesterday.  Because we got several hours of sleet, our snow totals were less - 10-12 inches as compared to the 15.16+ areas west and north of us received.  That crusty layer on top of the snow is also going to keep drifting down in our area.  Hubby made it to work this morning, but said roads were terrible in lower Lancaster/Chester County, so he may be staying overnight somewhere.....which means mini time for me!  Oops, ....I mean I will miss him.

Last evening we were invaded by a flock of robins -they proceeded to gorge themselves on the berries on our bushes and the neighbor's bird feeder.   I had a great time snapping tons of pics!

snowbird.jpg

berry picker.jpg

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, jbnmini said:

Well, the East Coast survived the March snowstorm yesterday.  Because we got several hours of sleet, our snow totals were less - 10-12 inches as compared to the 15.16+ areas west and north of us received.  That crusty layer on top of the snow is also going to keep drifting down in our area.  Hubby made it to work this morning, but said roads were terrible in lower Lancaster/Chester County, so he may be staying overnight somewhere.....which means mini time for me!  Oops, ....I mean I will miss him.

Last evening we were invaded by a flock of robins -they proceeded to gorge themselves on the berries on our bushes and the neighbor's bird feeder.   I had a great time snapping tons of pics!

snowbird.jpg

berry picker.jpg

Excellent photographs Jackie....I'm envious!...............I hear there's some good skiing to be had in New York..........It's only what I hear..........Ouch!

I'm sure there is plenty of good skiing in New England this year!  However, my skiing days are LONG since over!  :)

And dang! Let the drifting commence!  Winds have picked up considerably since this morning and the clouds of windblown snow are battering the landscape!  Good day to be inside and toasty.  :)