So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

29 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

I hope your pomegranate bears.  

The nursery website says this variety is a good bearer but that crop will be heavier if there are two trees. I'm only getting one, so  we'll see what happens.

It is past 8 am, sunny, and 32 F heading for a high in the 50s ... what ever happened to March coming in like a lion and out like a lamb? (Something I'm sure our neighbors farther north are also scratching their heads about between bouts of shoveling winter off their sidewalks and driveways.)

On 11/26/2013, 7:32:22, Stacey6163 said:

Sitting here watching the snow pile up outside , with the weather report calling for a lot more - up to eighteen inches . They are starting to show cancelations on the tv . The weather looks terrible all along the East coast , sure to ruin some travel plans , glad to be staying home . So how is the big holiday storm affecting you ?

I’m here in Newburyport,Ma and it’s snowing again are 4th nor’easter in the last 2 weeks. This one is supposed to only give us another 2-3 inches of course we still have a foot of snow that’s still there from the last storm. I hope this melts soon and we can start Spring and see a little hint of flowers  trying to push through the dirt . I just started following this site and so far I like what I see . The tutorial on the blinds was so good they did a great job showing how to do it if this is anything like this tutorial I’m loving this site. Well I’ve talked enough. Bye for know Marie 

• 2 weeks later...

So once again, we have skipped spring here in Georgia. We had low 40s in the daytime last week. It is currently 82* out.  I did about 4 1/2 hours of outside work, on the sunny side of the house, and I am worn out. Hard to believe it is snowing in other parts of the country.

34 minutes ago, WestPaces said:

76° here in Atlanta today :( I'm dreading the hot humid summer - I prefer snow :) 

Me, too, as long as I don't have to shovel it. :)  But I'm happy for the warm weather so I can work on the backyard. The last of the trees will be planted on Wednesday, and most of the currently scattered bits of iris and lilies and azaleas will be consolidated into cozy beds. I'm not sure if this is the proper time of year to be moving these puppies around, but they'll just have to adjust. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KathieB said:

... I'm not sure if this is the proper time of year to be moving these puppies around, but they'll just have to adjust. 

That's fighting talk Kathie, I like your attitude :)

1 minute ago, WestPaces said:

That's fighting talk Kathie, I like your attitude :)

I'm stern taskmaster with a goodly dose of benevolence, Janet. I bought a new garden hose today so I can keep them happily watered between Mother Nature's showers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, blueirishmoon said:

80 here in NC. Dreading SUMMER. Summer is a six-letter word in my opinion. Winter...winter...I want the cold!

And there was I thinking I was the only one in the world who prefers winter :)

Snowing here in Minneapolis.  I think we've had a good six inches and last I heard we should expect another four!  I do love snow but it had almost all melted before the weekend so I am ready for Spring now! 

11 hours ago, blueirishmoon said:

The problem is that here we don't really seem to get a spring. We go from cold to hot, and nothing in between.

On 4/2/2018, 9:28:50, WestPaces said:

Cynthia, that reminds me of an old Flanders and Swan song, In the Bath. In it, he remarks that he missed summer one year because he was in the bath. :D 

Today's high is supposed to be 39 and the wind is really blowing hard. We're supposed to have some snow tomorrow, maybe more next Tuesday and Wednesday. We're all sick to death of it. There's mud and snow all over the place. We don't really get spring up here, that season is locally often referred to as Mud.

I want summer. I want heat. I only come alive in summer. Unfortunately DH never wants to move again.

After yesterday's exercise in herding cats, aka setting up for Jazz Fest, it's now pouring down rain (with thunder and lightning, just in case rain weren't enough.  Sound and lighting engineers don't like any of the above, so it will be interesting to see what happens if this is still going on in a couple of hours.  Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and cold.

I'm hoping the rain predicted for this morning happens on schedule. My new plantings need a drink of water, and I don't feel like dragging out the 100-foot hose.