So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

Hey Sable!  I didn't know that you were an upstate NYer!   Me too!  My family is all from the Rochester area!   I live in New Mexico now but I had my fill of snow for sure!!  lol
Its sunny, 40, and beautiful out for the moment.  I don't mind the cold I just hate being dark and gloomy all winter.  New Mexico is usually sunny and bright!
It does go down below zero at night because we are over 7,000 ft above sea level!  

1 hour ago, Roxxie2 said:

Hey Sable!  I didn't know that you were an upstate NYer!   Me too!  My family is all from the Rochester area!   

That was just a temporary 2 1/2 year transfer while my husband worked at Xerox in the early 80’s. I’ll never forget the day he came home and said, “We are being transferred again. We have a choice, Cleveland or Fort Lauderdale.” Since I had lived in Fort Lauderdale from the ages of 12-15, the decision was easily made. That was 35 years ago.

Our house in Rochester was in Fairport and I worked on Brighton-Henrietta Town Line Rd. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Qubanqtee said:

we passed through Las Cruces and Albuquerque on our trip to and from Dallas for thanksgiving and on Monday before thanksgiving it as 19 degrees at 6am....it was CHILLY!!!!

I thought I saw you wave on the way!!!   LOL  I live a long ways north from where you were and it was chilly ( or chili) up here.  It never got above 11 degrees in the sun!   I always laugh when people think NM is hot all the time.  

• Like 1

We traded in the cold and frosten mornings (been temps well below zero since Sunday it seems) for a week at Fuerteventura, perfect temps and clear sky so far, hubby has been Enjoying riding his bike for longer rounds and I am trekking the hilly surroundings 

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

You're right off the coast of Spain, it looks like.  Enjoy, Anna.

Sort of, the Island of Fuerteventura, a favourite Island of ours, never been here this time of they era before, usually in February. Such a wonderful switch from grey and cold for a week. Coming back home means that the Christmas lights and holiday spirit is showing though 

19 hours ago, Roxxie2 said:

I thought I saw you wave on the way!!!   LOL  I live a long ways north from where you were and it was chilly ( or chili) up here.  It never got above 11 degrees in the sun!   I always laugh when people think NM is hot all the time.  

When I was in the Navy I was first stationed at Groton Naval Support Facility and in the winter we would average 17 degrees below zero with the windchill working on the water with the subs...icicles on the eyelashes etc.

I have a friend who thinks that New Mexico is hot all the time and wants to retire to Las Cruces or Mesilla because she wants to be out of the cold lol (she lives on the Santa Cruz coast of California) and I have often shared with her that she will not be leaving the cold in NM....but she maybe didn't quite believe me until I sent her the photos of the ice on the road and the temperature gauge from our car.

I, personally, do love the area and my husbands family is originally from Las Cruces when it was still Mexico lol.

36 minutes ago, NellBell said:

Today is mild with some rain But I am heading to Key West this Friday and forecast seems good then off to Disney World  and Rons miniature store. 

oh you're going to have so much fun! Im sure the weather will be amazing and so will Ron's!

53 minutes ago, Qubanqtee said:

ave a friend who thinks that New Mexico is hot all the time and wants to retire to Las Cruces or Mesilla because she wants to be out of the cold lol (she lives on the Santa Cruz coast of California) and I have often shared with her that she will not be leaving the cold in NM....b

It is very hot down there in the summer for sure Las Cruces is brutal in the summer and not nearly that cold as it is up here in Taos.  We are up at 7000 ft and its not quite as bad in the summer.  We did have a couple of summers lately that got pretty hot but we don't even have AC!   I did buy a swamp cooler this past summer because it was too hot for me!    I would not want to live down in Las Cruces for love nor money.  uh uh....lol

• Like 1

It is STEAMY here at the moment.. when I walk outside it feels like I've walked into a sauna. lol... We have been having morning storms and the humidity before and after is off the charts.. It's hail season.. time to put the good car away and drive the beater.. :D 

It never rains in California - yet here we are with rain (don’t get me wrong, I’m grateful for it) but my heart goes out to all the fire victims who are now looking at mudslides .....  it seems this happens so very often here.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, yes, although it was a surprise to my mom when I called. All their news out there has it as happening in Seattle. I had to break the news to her that it was only a couple miles away from me. What's funny, though, if you look at a map of the area where the tornado touched down, you'll see Salmonberry Rd. Where that road ends, just west of Bethel, there's a house there with an empty lot behind it. I was considering buying that lot.

There were a couple of roofs torn off, a lot of debris scattered all over the place, and since we have tons of trees up here, we had tons of trees down all over the place. Naturally, I slept through the whole thing and didn't find out about it until late last night. But where I was, we certainly had plenty of wind and rain yesterday.

We're supposed to have high winds again tonight through Thursday night with another storm coming in, so who knows? We might see another one. Here's a link:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/rare-washington-state-tornado-strongest-since-1986/ar-BBRb48c

Here's some video:

https://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news/local/2018/12/18/tornado-port-orchard-washington-social-media/2357505002/

And this was yesterday's news which I read at 3am last night. LOL

https://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news/local/2018/12/18/tornado-port-orchard-wa-kitsap/2356795002/

12 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I figured it was close to you.  Thank you for being OK.

You're welcome, though I'm not sure I had much say in it.

Anyhoo, here's a pic of the tornado's path (I think it went from the southwest to the northeast):

Port_Orchard_tornado_National_Weather_Se

You can see Salmonberry crossing the path of the tornado. If you follow Salmonberry to the left and to the end of the road a couple blocks west right before that large stand of trees, you can see that little house there and the clearing behind it. That's the lot I was looking at.

• Like 1