So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

23 minutes ago, Sable said:

@WyckedWood what city is that? We are going to do a west coast mountain trip this spring and that’s the type of view we are hoping to see.

This is looking at the Wasatch mountains, just south of Salt Lake City, in between Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons. It’s referred to as the Wasatch Front and is an arm of the Rockies. If you let me know the route you’re taking when you go I can recommend pretty drives,ones that I know of. 

52 minutes ago, WyckedWood said:

This is looking at the Wasatch mountains, just south of Salt Lake City, in between Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons. It’s referred to as the Wasatch Front and is an arm of the Rockies. If you let me know the route you’re taking when you go I can recommend pretty drives,ones that I know of. 

Thank you so much! I’ll let you know when the trip gets closer. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 2019-01-21 23:14:18, havanaholly said:

Below freezing last night here, but no snow, thank goodness!  I just don't do snow.

We still got that snow from Monday, makes for a beautiful scenery and it Looks like it Will be staying a little longer as it is still below freezing temps. Now real snow (just some flecks in shadow areas) where I work though which is much appreciated as kids here in the southerm parts of Sweden sort of go nuts when snow is around as it is not so common and the snow ball fights are inevitable... those are the days I need to keep the principle roll together not laughing when I need to have a few talks with pupills about them breaking rules etc and they are ever so remorseful yet one can see how Mich fun they have had.

8 hours ago, havanaholly said:

As long as they don't do damage to one another or school property and aren't missing class time...

My thoughts as well,  and I most often Doesn't need to use the "Stern" voice but then again I have had incidents  where someone Glasses were destroyed and outside lights smashed etc so at Times it is more like the "i know it is fun but you need to show consideration, ie no bombardements on the ones not participating, and no snowball fights in the cloak rooms etc"

6 hours ago, SewMini said:

We’ve got snow but we also have a major leak in the ceiling that the snow is dripping through :(...we’ve had to vacate our bedroom!

Ick!  We once went on a weekend hike with the Florida Trail group and camped atop Mt Cheaha at the state park and were awakened by a ferocious rainstorm with wind that had lifted the front edge of our camper's roof and cold rain was pouring on our faces in our bed.  We moved the bedding and put a bucket to catch the drips, and the rain not only flooded the lower campground at the lake, but closed parts of the interstate highway nearby.  One of the hikers was staying at the lodge and it was the weekend of the Preakness, so we watched the race instead of hiking that day.

• Like 1

We just had 10 seconds of snow flurries.  36F, so it didn't hit the ground.  If I'd stepped into the shower instead of stopping to answer a phone call, I'd have missed it.

Just love looking at all your beautiful snowy scenes!  We don't get snow here which I am quite pleased about - but would like to experience it more some day!  Meanwhile we're in summer here but it's not been a great summer so far.  We have lower temps than last year - which to be quite honest I'm appreciating!  The worst part is the constant wind!  It has been so windy here - we haven't been out in our boat once this summer so far!

16 hours ago, havanaholly said:

This is supposed to be the SOUTH!, for crumb's sake!

It's Mother Nature's way of reminding us why we live below the Mason-Dixon Line. :D