So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

Hope John's trip is uneventful. This isn't a day to travel without a very good reason. Not that a trip to the craft stores isn't usually a good reason, maybe just not today.

I talked to him a little bit ago , and he's getting ready to head back . He still can't believe I'd pass on a shopping trip & asked if I'm feeling ok , lol. But he got his surgery scheduled , the main reason for the trip , sent him to the store to get the last couple of things for tomorrows feast. I'll get to the craft stores soon . :D

• Like 1

As I've been reading this I have to admit I've had to employ my imagination as we don't get snow here at all - there are parts of NZ that do but not where we are, we don't get flooding or major storms either (well we think some of our storms are bad but reality is in comparison they're not). We are entering summer and if the weekend was anything to go by it's gonna be a hot one, I love the dry hot days but sadly at the moment the humidity is really high, though this should ease as it's raining today and should be for the next couple of days - I'm hoping it gets heavier as the humidity is still high. I hope you all stay safe and that it's a mild winter for you all.

• Like 2

Helen, you are blessed with some of the most glorious scenery on the entire planet! I'm glad to hear the weather matches.

Thank you :) Have to admit I feel rather blessed to live in such a pretty country and to be based in the North Island which has milder winters!

• Like 2

It's pretty here in Northern California. We are suppose to have a high today of 68 and it will be in the low 30s tonight. Next week we are in for a cold snap. Time to finish harvesting the last of our garden...it's going to be in the low to mid 20s which means freezing. Better go pick the last of the tomatoes :Xmas:

It's gloriously sunny out, but our heat still kicks on from time to time. I just put two baquettes in the oven to bake; whole wheat bread tomorrow; the grocery store was out of DH's favorite rye bread, so I'm making our favorite scratch bread recipe I brought back from Hawaii.

Its been cloudy and mild the last few days (-6 to +2). So that meanx a dump of snow may be on the way. Certianly Alberta and Saskatchewan and parts of Manitoba have gotten dumped on, but thus far we in Dauphin have not. South of here and north, but not us, lol.

Well here comes another storm......I can feel it because I have a headache! It is 10 at night and 40 in the day. I can't figure out what to wear half the time.
I start with 4 layers and peel them off as the day warms up.

Roxxie, today I needed to add layers! The snow again missed us, but we are getting the wrap-around cold and wind. When I left the house, it was nice, -6 no wind. When I left work, it was -9, windchill -17! And of course I wore a skirt....

• Like 1

Barbara, have you ever tried the Cuddle Duds shirts? They are VERY soft, light, and amazing at keeping your warm. I wear them under my fleece as my first layer. Fleece over that and at night another fleece over that! I also have a nice heated throw I use while watching tv! Last winter we had it down to -20 every morning for two weeks! Our pipes froze and my car wouldn't start! Don't you just love winter? :cold:

Before Sports Authority bought them out Oshman's used to carry Pepperskins light knit cotton two piece longjohns, men's and ladies', and I went berserk. I don't "do" Winter. After that godawful winter storm in December 1978 I made a deal with God that if He'd get us back to Florida I'd never complain about how hot it got in the summer; the following summer we were in Jacksonville, FL, and I have never complained about the heat, no matter how hot it gets.

Temperature is dropping here. That freezing snap is supposed to start tonight. Brrrr.... It's also supposed to rain in a few days with a low of 19. We might get a dusting of snow if that happens. :Xmas:

Woke up to gloomy skies, fog and lots of water droplets on each louvre of all our Bahama shutters this AM. Obversely, the temp was mild when I went out to see that over half the roof is on the shop.

• Like 1