So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

Spring is here! Er,at least the birds around here thought so today! Love it!!! I actually got hot for awhile last night...Sorry for those in colder climates,though-I hope it's a short winter for y'all. When ours finally gets here it will be purely miserable until late May,so I am eating up this warm,muggy spell for sure! ^_^

Today's forecast is predicting a storm class 2 coming in during the afternoon/early evening hours so we'll see how it looks as we have a planned open meeting for parents this evening. Just might need to cancel that perhaps...

Hugs

It's 26 outside this AM. Clear and a little wind. Bracing! (For us.) it's supposed to drop lower over the next week, so things are covered where necessary. The remaining tomatoes on the vines were tomato-cubes this morning, LOL!

Anna, prayers for everyone's safety are headed your way.

Thank you! We had a "fun" afternoon in school with some kids somewhat disturbed by it all but thankfully the all got home well before the winds started to really pick up pace. Some flickering in the lights so far so candles and battery operated lights in place. Coffee ready to go into the thermo flask so now it is mostly a waiting game.

Hugs

• Like 1

Anna,we in the Southern US and other parts,too,can really relate to the storm waiting game you are going through today/tonight! Sending prayers that all is well! Let us know asap how you are fairing! Kat

I bet you are excited to get set up and start building again Holly! I only have a table to work on right now but hoping for more space eventually.

Our snow has tapered off but I discovered a thick layer of ice under it on my car. I have been outside for an hour chipping away at it so I don't have to be doing it tomorrow morning when its - 12 out!

I'm so sorry for all those who are having such cold weather,but,yes,you bet it's warm here!Whew! I am trying so hard,biting my lip to not complain,cuz when it's cold I physically huuurt!! But,yeah,we are in an odd spot in the universe,as my son puts it!LOL

So happy for you,Holly-I can see those wheels turning in your head now,all the fun projects you've been wanting to do! Looking forward to eye candy!:)

The worst of this storm has passed us now, it is down graded to a level 2, still really windy so to speak. Add a nice i ey snow layer on top pf that and strong wind gusts so the mornings meeting is cancelled and we will start after lunch instead.

Lots of debris on the roads, trains not running at all etc etc, limited routes for the busses collecting kids to school etc etc, guess I will be busy by the phone today...

Hugs

Today is the last of our unusually warm weather, so I'm going to get the RV's fridge cleaned out (it grows the most interesting science experiments when it's turned off) and then we're taking the kid and doing errands in town and eating out.

We noticed a temp drop between going in for supper and coming back out to come home; after DH & DS picked up half the light fixtures for the workshop at our neighborhood Lowe's we went into P'cola and passed right by another Lowe's on our way to our favorite thrift store, so we stopped and bought the rest of the light fixtures there. We ended up also going to Good Will. I found a sleigh that looks like 1:12! I'll make a seat for it and pose the Frosts in it in their Santa & Mrs Claus outfits to check.

• Like 1

It's been very warm the last few days, 76 today, and will drop to 52 tomorrow! Ouch! By Tuesday it will be highs in low 40's, we're not too used to that here in ATL.

Both my boys are leaving in the morning for school trips, one to DC, the other to NYC. They are going to have quite the temp shock, hope they don't freeze.

Be safe and warm everyone!

Just cold with a little snow here , different sort of storm blew through here Kat , but all is well ( now that the internet and phone are back ) :D I thought I was going to lose what's left of my mind , lol. I'm super excited , we got the part ($200) for the pellet stove out front , so it nice and toasty and there's a round table in the dining room waiting for a dollhouse to be built on it. :bangin:

• Like 1

So glad you're back,friend! We missed your input and ideas!

It's been raining here and a bit chilly-the wind makes it worse. I have had a personal rule,maybe a personal challenge,for several years now to not turn the central heat on until December. It was bitter cold a couple weeks ago,and it's harder now that I'm older,but my little Bionaire heat circulator got me through it!

Since we started the month with some very nice weather this year,it's a week into December and I still haven't turned on the central! I remind myself what a lovely low power bill I'll have and so much energy 'saved' for someone else out there who really needed it! I can hardly bear it some mornings,but once the little heater gets going and I move around,I know it's much better than burning a bunch more electricity,for just the few minutes it takes to get ready for work.

I can't imagine what it's like to have to burn wood pellets or all the ways others stay warm in the colder places! God bless you all!! Do I sound like a tree hugger nut,or are there other members out there who try ways to conserve energy or challenge themselves to do without? Geez,maybe I need to go to bed! :p

• Like 1

Ha! I'm in bed. We use ultra efficient space heaters year round. It's 19° out and a tiny bit chilly inside except the beds are snuggly warm. For years I had a personal rule of sleeping with a window open (I know, not safe, I used a safety bar thing) until November. We wear warm clothes. Extra socks. I knit us hats :) But for sure...well below freezing here and more to come. Tomorrow night 12° is predicted. We've had 0° in years past. I hope not this year.