So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

So now they're naming winter storms , the last one was Cleon and the new one is Dion . Kind of silly , I think , but Dion is packing snow , sleet and freezing rain , oh boy ! Still snowing here , I have a bowl of dough rising for a batch of sticky sweet cinnamon rolls , they are going to be sooo good ! :D

We are now under a windchill warning. -40 with the windchill, - 30 without. Supposed to be cold for at least the next 6 days, guess I will be invoking my I Can Park Close To The Hospital card (asthma) this week.

And once you get to -40, it's all the same! My baby is plugged in, with the windshield covers firmly in place (I hate scraping frost). I intend to spend the night making Xmas ornaments. And sewing tomorrow.

Love the pictures of the older cars! Ford Fairlane with the two-tone swoop (we had a station wagon like that), the Buick with the three holes on the side ... and all the while I'm remembering winters like that and thanking goodness that we won't be shoveling snow again soon.

Block heaters come standard here, but there is nothing like going to start the car and discovering the block heater cord is shot, lol. Storms arent named here (except imformally, as in "that was some big a$$ storm). Major storms will be The Blizzard of 86, or the Thunderstorm of 2007.

Systems are named after where they come from. Alberta Clippers move fast, dump a lot, and leave bone chilling cold. The one that makes us batten down all hatches, do beer/pizza and food runs is the dreaded Colarado Low. They are more slow moving, and can dump a LOT of snow (or rain in the summer). And they tend to stick around for days. They also leave bone chilling cold behind them.

One winter, so many Colorado lows hit MB (and ND) it triggered major flooding all along the Red River Valley. A early Nov low a couple of years back created a "weather bomb". and one of our docs wound up with Lake Dauphin....in his diningroom.

We have 69 here,and earlier I actually got hot on the way home from work,yay! It was very chilly,chilly Saturday-the kind that makes me hurt,much warmer yesterday and today. But we'll be nippy again before the week is out. In my family we call it yo-yo weather-it rolls up and down,up and down! ^_^

• Like 1

Overcast all day yesterday and raining this AM. Hiking group Christmas party in Spanish Fort tonight. We missed out on our FL group's "do", which was Sunday, when we were playing "Find the Drain Caps" at the Styx River.