So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

Raining here too, supposed to get some thunderstorms this afternoon. Crocus and a few of the daffodils are just starting to bloom. Yellow forsythia is coming to life around the neighborhood. 

We have pretty much hit our high for the day, as the cold front  Holly mentioned comes through. My weather app still expects it to rain for the next 2-3 hours, but looking at the radar it looks like it's staying south of here. So I guess it's just going to be a blah cool day. My two kids in S Ga are getting the hard rain when Holly is done with it. 

The rain here finally quit.  The hubs went on to the Jazz Fest whilst I stay home close to facilities; between a touch of food problems (digestive for me, full-blown histaminic reaction for DH) and nonstop nasal drainage.  Our magnolia grandiflora out front presented me with a perfect, enormous creamy white bud the size of a teapot!

Now that is funny Holly.I am so much further north than you and my Magnolia  is in full bloom right now, the flowers are smaller though. Both my clematis are shooting up and all my roses are  coming to life. Luckily they come on without my help This is the first time for as long as I can remember that I haven't started veggies , especially my tomatoes .It is hard even  for me to believe I haven't .I didn't plant my garlic in the fall, no broad beans either. no onion seeds in December..oh 'eck I am turning into a very old lady I think. Tomato seeds were an addiction for me, I have so many varieties, need to get them to someone else too.

Lucky you!  I was all set to try a garden when we first moved in,and our neighbors all told us not to bother.  When some melon seeds in my compost heap sent forth volunteers I found out why; we had a small herd of does and fawns gnoshing on the shoots.  I grew a lovely jalapeno bush in a pot on the back porch and when it got big enough we thought it would be safe, we moved it outside, next to the porch (thinking the deer wouldn't come that close to the house).  That was a futile hope.

• 2 weeks later...

Kathie, be glad you moved to GA.  We have had a s l o w moving storm come through that sucked water out of the Gulf and dropped it on us; I hope Chris is OK.  We didn't have any flooding where we are, but Clarke County to our north wasn't so lucky.

7 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Kathie, be glad you moved to GA.  We have had a s l o w moving storm come through that sucked water out of the Gulf and dropped it on us; I hope Chris is OK.  We didn't have any flooding where we are, but Clarke County to our north wasn't so lucky.

On 4/7/2018, 11:55:09, sparklepuppies said:

I was thinking of you and Chris, too. We had bands of steady rain that moved through from early Sunday morning until mid afternoon followed by lots of wind. I haven't been outside yet to  see how the garden fared. 

DH switched the heat on but it hasn't kicked in yet, and I'm in a jacket this AM.  Chris, I"m glad y'all didn't get hammered; there was a film of a water rescue on yesterday's early AM news.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Not just S FL.  Last night on the local news one of the newscasters asked the meteorologist when would the rain stop and he answered, "August".

So true! I’m into rain jackets, not umbrellas. Running through lightning storms with a metal umbrella in my hand is not my cup of tea. So, I’m a sucker for hooded rain jackets. I guess it’s because I don’t need winter coats I feel the need to purchase assorted rain coats. I’m certainly getting good use of them this week. I usually wear sandals year round so this week Ive been wearing my waterproof hiking sneakers. It’s been kind of fun to drag out and wear these clothes. The only one really suffering through this bad weather is the dog. He’ll probably have to wait until this evening when it quiets down to do his business. Also, as if Parkland hasn’t been through enough the past few months, lightning killed one person and injured another yesterday.

Same here, our meteorologist said yesterday it will be raining the rest of May. And Sable, I do jackets too. Umbrellas are just too much to keep up with. I am lucky that about 10 years ago my work bought us all jackets that have a removable fleece vest inside for winter use, and also works great as a rain jacket. My "office" is in a trailer behind the main building, so a few times day I *have* to go out in the rain.

I have had it pour down rain on too many bike rides, hikes and paddles; so long as I have a hat to keep the rain out of my eyes, and a jacket if I don't want to look like I drowned, I'm a happy clam.

I don't mind going out in the rain, but I'm leery of driving in it. I just think about all of the weeds in need of pulling that are thumbing their botanical noses at me. Will need a machete or flamethrower to subdue them when the rains pass.