Back to my Pierce

mamathistle

:wave: would like to say hi and I am glad to be back ..also back to my dh.. RL life gives us a shock now and then..I posted first and last in Aug.2012..I have COPD and was really out of action for quite a while now I am better and ready to get my doll house done..I have the outside walls up and covered with stone made with ultimate clay ..It's called Thistle Manor ..I made clay medallions of thistles to fit in the Gables and above the front door... have the hard wood floors done ..wallpapered the living room and dining room. Also built a large wall to wall stone fire place and chimney .. I am really getting to enjoy this hobby :carrot: ..My DH says that it's the only thing I want to do any more, are all of you like that ?.. to day I made a crystal chandelier from a large crystal Christmas ornament and crystals it looks really good..I will have to make a album when I have made enough posts ..since my last post on the stairs last Aug. I still have not decided how to make stairs to attic instead of the ladder ..ALSO..while I was sick I was gave a Garfield dh... My friend tried to build the stairs and messed them up big time and through them away and gave me the rest, so I will have to get some new stairs....BIG JOB ahead..loving it ..sorry for long post just so glad to talk to like minded people who would think I am ok and not nuts like some of my friends and kids think I am... (from being sick) :D :D Judi

• Like 4

Welcome home, Judi! I'm so glad your COPD is manageable. RL found us moving in 2011 and no time to touch Mildred, my Pierce rehab, since. I also had to build new stairs, but because of some unfortunate circumstances during the move, if the entire house isn't beyond repair, I shall also have to make her new stairs. For the attic I have one of Don's spiraql stair kits I still have not gotten to put together! since I can't find any tools or whatever; it's all packed away in our new garage; but I'm getting a workshop for Christmas, weather permitting, and then we'll see. It's good to have you back.

Welcome back! Just respond to this thread a couple of times and you will have the five posts needed to start your gallery :)

You do not sound crazy. And yes, my DH knows that all I want to do is work on minis, and fortunately he encourages me :)

Glad you are jumping back in to this delightful hobby. By the way, you might want to contact Greenleaf for the sheet(s) that have the staircase you need.

• Like 1

Holly sorry to hear about Mildred's stairs ..love the name,my favorite Aunt's name was Mildred...She was my kids baby sitter for years...I called Greenleaf about the sheets I need for the stairs for the Garfield..I need 3 sheets @ $8 a sheet plus postage but I got the dh for free so thats a good deal...Judi

• Like 1

Gloria..I see you play the Bagpipes!!! :note: My DH is from Scotland and thats why my Pierce is called Thistle Manor..the McTavish's are going to reside there he is a music professor :noitall: ..I am trying to figure out a mini set of bagpipes for the music room.. :idea:

• Like 1

Gloria..I see you play the Bagpipes!!! :note: My DH is from Scotland and thats why my Pierce is called Thistle Manor..the McTavish's are going to reside there he is a music professor :noitall: ..I am trying to figure out a mini set of bagpipes for the music room.. :idea:

I've made several sets of pipes--cut out scrap wood for the bag, toothpicks with beads for the drones, blowstick and chanter.