10/3/06 What's Your All Time Favorite Scary Movie?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have to say that the exorcist was mine I was 14 when I saw it . I remember standing in line to get in and watching all the girls come out of the movies and screaming and throwing up . It was my birthday and my brother took me to see it and he let me get tispy on 3 bottles of beer (I felt like a was total drunk ) but I remember half way threw I was sober and scare and everytime I try to cover my face my mean brother would uncover the face and ake me watch it ( He was so mean) I don't think I slept for a week after that. I still won't watch it today

Glenna

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Alfred Hickcock's 'The Birds"
Some friends & I went to see it in the theater when we were at university and I lived on a different floor, so didn't find out until the next AM that one of the girls opened her room door as soon as she got back and a moth flew out into her face and she screamed loud enough to wake the dead!

The movie that scared me the most was Jaws. I saw this in the theater as a kid and my parents couldn't get me in the tub for years. I still have trouble in pools too. My favorite scary movie is Night of the Living Dead, the original balck and white. To this day any place I have lived I have had a zombie escape route. I have an overactive imagination- can you tell?

Sarah

Hi, my name is Jen, and I am a major wimp. I HATE horror movies, hate hate hate hate hate them! Especially any movie with zombies, movies that are more psychological horror, and any movie where people are tortured. It's one thing if people die quickly but when it's drawn out, forget it. Zombie movies....the fear comes from my childhood....when I was 5, my sister was babysitting me one night, and she turned out all the lights in the basement and locked me down there and said that if I didn't sit and watch the whole thing, the zombies would come out of the TV and get me....had nightmares for MONTHS....saw the movie again when I was 16.....had nightmares for MONTHS....Eric keeps threatening to try "desensitization therapy" with me, but I ain't goin' for it, no way no how. He also subjected me to Saw, (about a year ago) and not only did I throw up several times during it, I also had nightmares...for MONTHS (still do on occasion). He's learned that horror movies and me are a bad combo, as he is the one that has to deal when I wake up screaming........He says he wants to see Hostel, and I say, that's fine, get it from Netflix, but you watch it when I'm not home (not a huge hardship for him, really, I work a lot)

However, some of the older suspense, such as the old-school Vincent Price, Lon Chaney, and Bela Lugosi, are not too bad, and I did really like the original House on Haunted Hill (the remake stunk, IMHO) Strange how that works, eh?

• 3 weeks later...

Mine was "Kiss of Death".....about '48 or so. Richard Widmarks first movie. He was really nasty. He pushed a wheelchair bound woman down a flight of stairs. I bought a copy from Amazon a few months ago.

"Gramps"

it's interesting and funny to read these posts. i'm with Jen on this subject, though; i do not like horror movies and don't enjoy being scared.

if i read or see something upsetting or unnerving, then i'm stuck with the anxiety b/c i can't get the images out of my head. Example: years ago i saw a bad car accident and i can still see all the details.

Favorite horror movie: Queen of Outer Space. i saw it when i was very small, probably about 6 years old, and it scared me to pieces. now it's a hoot to see it. there's a cool review at http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue300/classic.html.

The first horror movie i saw was Phantom of the Wax Museum, and after that i had the lights on at bedtime for a few decades.

Fave suspense films: Midnight Lace, and Wait Until Dark.

Best true crime film: In Cold Blood.

"Kiss of Death".....about '48 or so. Richard Widmarks first movie. He was really nasty. He pushed a wheelchair bound woman down a flight of stairs.
OMG, that one bothered me, too! I was a very little girl when my folks took me to see it!