10/3/06 What's Your All Time Favorite Scary Movie?

I would have to say the scariest movie for me or recollection of one was Alien. I remember being just a little kid and we had a babysitter and my little brother and i snuck out into the living room and watched it. I don't think i slept in my bed for a week after that. Come to think of it we never saw that babysitter again either, I think mom banned her from the house after that. :chair:

Ahh but every year my husband and I have this thing we do and we always grill and watch the Alien triliogy on Halloween night.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly scarry but it did leave me to this day with a haunted sort of feeling. I can not even tell you what it was about, just that it was erie. The movie was called "Angel Hart, (heart), not sure on the spelling.

Darrell can't remember the scarriest movie he ever saw, but said the scarriest book he ever read was called "Lucifers Hammer" The scariest to me was a book on tape "

silence of the Lambs" read by James Ear lJones and listend to in the middle of the night driving a tractor trailer thru the middle if the midwest somewhere.

Melissa

I'm going to have to go with the Shinning as well, its one of my favorite stephen king is my favorite horror auther! and jack nicholsen is just wow.. incredible in it.

my least favorite movie is "Thirteen ghost" the 2001 version, that movie scared the jeepers out of me. for some reason those ghost were just to real to be true, yikes im all scared now!!! :holloween:

Can I ask if anyone had ever seen The Tingler. I was about 10 when I went to the movies with my brother and some friends and I remember being so frightened we all ran out of the theatre. I've tried numerous times to find the movie either on satellite or to rent to no avail. I really would like to remember what it was that scared us so much that we felt we had to run. It would be interesting to see now what my reaction would be.

I've watched The Tingler many times :holloween: what a fun movie! Then again most of the Vincent Price movies were fun :cucumber: You should definitely try to see it again now that you're older. If your local video rental place doesn't have it sometimes they can order it in. Ours ordered in Snow White and the Three Stooges when my sister requested to rent it. :banana: Hope you find it so you can see it again :death:

-David

Ohhh I'm so glad that others have seen it. Jennifer, you brought back a memory I now recall, the seats. We screamed so hard all the way out of the theatre. Thanks for reminding me of that.

I will David, I will keep bugging our local rental place.

Another one that terrified me was The Trilogy, with Karen Black. It was just a short film (there were three made for TV) and I was in my 20's and couldn't sleep for a few nights after seeing that one, it was really scary!

I think my most favorite scarey movie is War of the worlds. I tried to watch the exorcist once when I was a kid and I never got past much and never tried again. I was a kid easily scared (Had fright mares instead of night mares :wave: )

Yeap so now even as a grown up :wave: I do not watch anything too scarey. Last night my youngest was playing with the remote control for the TV and freaked me out. All of a sudden I could hear the music from "Tales from the darkside" and though I got in the room and changed the station ASAP I did not sleep good last night :w00t: I had that stupid creepy song in my head!

LOL this is easy! All of them! Crypt Keeper (Tales From the Crypt, both the movie & the series, Creepshow (all sets) and Nightmare on Elmstreet (Freedy Krueger). I also love Scary movie and it's sequels.

Why? Because I thing they are all hilarious!

Sandra

The scariest movie I ever saw as a teenager was "HOUSE OF WAX" with Vincent Price. It was 3D. Nothing like blood spatters and other objects flying at you to make you duck down. As an adult I think the one I liked the best was "JEEPERS CREEPERS".

lyn (julygirl)

I think my most favorite scarey movie is War of the worlds. I tried to watch the exorcist once when I was a kid and I never got past much and never tried again. I was a kid easily scared (Had fright mares instead of night mares :hide: )
Try again. When I was 10 I watched the Exorcist on TV, in Quebec, almost nothing censored. It scared the hell out of me unitl I watched it again at about 18. Then it was just funny. Seeing it again was a kind of catharsis.

"Favorite" & "scary movie" in the same sentence won't wash, for me. The first time a movie scared me bad enough to give me nightmares was The Matrix, which I had make DH sit through with me twice before I could bear to watch it alone (I thought the sequel was totally boring). The original Invasion of the Body Snatchers also creeped me out, although I loved the 70's version for all that glorious eye candy! (Donald Southerland, Leonard Nemoy, Jeff Goldblum... *smack, drool...*)

"Favorite" & "scary movie" in the same sentence won't wash, for me. The first time a movie scared me bad enough to give me nightmares was The Matrix, which I had make DH sit through with me twice before I could bear to watch it alone (I thought the sequel was totally boring). The original Invasion of the Body Snatchers also creeped me out, although I loved the 70's version for all that glorious eye candy! (Donald Southerland, Leonard Nemoy, Jeff Goldblum... *smack, drool...*)

Holly, Holly, Holly, I think the question was "what's your all time favourite scary movie?", not

"what's your all time favourite scary movie with eye candy hunks starring in it?" :hide:

-Susanne

It was Texas Chainsaw Mascare.....do any of you remember that one.....the first time I watched it, I had bad dreams all night long......another one I've watched is Nightmare on Elm Street......

KyLady

It was Texas Chainsaw Mascare.....do any of you remember that one.....the first time I watched it, I had bad dreams all night long......another one I've watched is Nightmare on Elm Street......

KyLady

I meant Texas Chainsaw Massacre......my spealling is :down: today

Ellen

what's my favourite scary movie? goodness, you might as well ask me what the meaning of life is. (actually, don't - everyone knows it's 42.)

only considering movies that have actually scared me (sorry vincent)...possibly "les yeux sans visage." maybe.

It was Texas Chainsaw Mascare.....do any of you remember that one

<chuckling> My very first ever date was to the drive-in to see Texas Chainsaw Massacre. When I look back on that, I think it was some kind of omen about the way my love life would go for the next 25 years. :jerry:

Deb

:offtopic: Well I'm totally off topic with this but what the heck.. talk about omens when dating.. how's this - when I was just dating my psycho ex we were walking through the park and a bird dropped dead and fell out of the tree above us to on the path in front of me at my feet - it hit the ground stone cold dead... talk about an omen. The worst part is I remember thinking at the time "This is a really bad sign" Guess I should have listened heh!

-David

Hi, The first time I saw THE EVIL DEAD, I was alone and didn't know what to expect.THAT scared me. Also there was another film called BLUE SUNSHINE about people who took some really bad acid that turned them into zombie psychos, but gradually. CREEPY!!!!! :wave:

Friday the 13th came out when I was a teen and we went to see it in the theaters - it scared me so bad - especially the scene where the kid gets killed in the bed. Right after we got home I had to have my dad take my mattress off the bed & set it on the floor - so nothing *bad* could come out from underneath it to get me!

But probably the scariest one I ever saw was Helter Skelter - not really a horror movie but scary all the same - especially because the monsters in it were real. Saw that as a kid (without parent's permission) and for days afterward I worried about them getting out of prison someday.

Oh - I got off topic here - the question was what my favorite scarie movie was! That would have to be Burnt Offerings. No gore - just lots of good suspense!

I've been thinking about this whole scary movie thing. I don't think movies scare me. I started out at a fairly early age watching "Creature Features" on either friday or saturday night. I'm not sure which it was now. But the movies lasted all night long. They showed classic monster movies and 50s "nuclear effect" movies where some bugs or something would accidentally get radiated and grow huge. Maybe "Tarantula" or "Them" are most likely to be favorites. There was also one called "Attack of the Mushroom People" that was really creepy that I loved.

Kathy

The one movie that scared the bejesus out of me is not considered a scary movie . But it was Fatal Attraction--when that lady came out of the tub--darn near gave me a heart attack :thumb:

Currently my favorite is Silent Hill. Great interpretation of what it would be like if an entire town was condemned to purgetory. And a normal person was forced to search the town for a lost child. The tortured souls are really disturbing, the twisted human form makes for the most horrifying monsters.