Miniature JAGUAR

Steve Panner

A bit more expensive than my usual work, but this is a piece that took me a lot of time and I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

1.jpg

4.jpg

It has glass beads eyes and it's flocked in tan and white merino wool. The body is made by hand from polymer clay over brass wire armature.

It is available on eBay, where you can see more pictures and details: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261345409052?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

As usual it comes with Free Worldwide Shipping with tracking number and Certificate of Authenticity.

Thanks for looking!

• Like 1

Thanks! Well.. I sculpted it, painted the clay, added fur in base colors then painted shadows and markings by hand. Here are two WIP pictures, one with the poly sculpture and one with the base coat:

wip1.jpgwip2.jpg

And the picture that inspired me, for the pose and expression, and of course the end result:

jaguar-cub.jpg1.jpg

Not exactly spot on, but I'm still happy with the way it turned out.

Edited by Steve Panner
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Now, I know how the sculptor who made Kyrie's sculpture, did hers. Hmmm... I was wondering how they did that. LOL. This is absolutely darling! I do think I like your work better.

I'll post a picture of Kyrie (our lil' furbaby)'s sculpture in the album section.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

~morning

ETA: an opinion
Edited by ~morningstar~

Wow! Thank you all for your wonderful comments!

You have no idea how much it means to me that so many people experienced in miniatures appreciate my work. Here, where I live it's almost impossible to find people that share this hobby.

:hug: Steve, I think the reason most of us are so active here is that we have no fellow travelers where we are.